Sooo dissapointed- restricted for 30 days

Soo..I listed  a product APS White Lightning which eBay claim has DMAA in it, which it doesnt in Australia, So I was banned from listing new items for 30 days....

Such a harsh penalty for a business who makes 75% of their income from ebay and whilst calling ebay there was absolutly no respect or flexibility with it... It breaks my heart to think our business could go under due to these restrictions which dont even make sence since the product doesnt contain DMAA anyway...

The biggest sticking point is I can go on ebay now and purchase the product from other sellers still 😞 AND I cant change quantities for current items meaning Refunds galore and soo many lost customers...soo mad

Try to make and honest living in this country and everything goes smooth until this and just soo disspoianted there isnt a fair appeals process and you just hit a brick wall with negotion... just be careful guys because as stated to me "we dont know what products will get banned, itll just happen"..be vigilant and I hope all my other business mates can survive... We just had our first child 2 weeks ago so its all a bit tough to take at  present... not sure what the future holds....

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you get a statement from your supplier to prove that the ingrediant in question is not in the item you are selling?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I guess they just have to be super careful.

Could you not get a letter from the manufacturer stating the product is free from it.?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

oh for god sake Lyndal get outta my head LOL

I need to type quicker

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Smiley LOL You need to type faster Harley.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

yeah I know........no 60 wpm typer here, it's a one finger job
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

That is so rude of you,one finger job haha

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Wow, 30 days! I was complaining about a 3 day account restriction.  I had to Google what DMAA is, but like I said in my comments, arguing Australian Law with someone sporting a Yankee accent in the Phillipines is impossible.  I sincerely sympathise, because I know what you're going through. EBay sees in black and white only. Have you previously been restricted? That may explain the intensity of your current punishment.

you can still sell and perform administrative duties, but you can't even prepare items for scheduling. You're "bleeped".

When I tried to speak to eBay about my own restriction, I spoke to around six or more people all to no avail. I believe that's part of the problem.  EBay are so parochial and bloody-minded on these matters (and self compliance with their millions of Policies), so even if you vindicate yourself on this matter, I think you'll end up doing the whole 30 days.  Ebay are essentially too big, greater than their sum and we can classify this syndrome as too many horizontal levels of Management. Too many people with the same authority, but too few to overturn a bad decision.

Their search spiders look for certain words (like ivory in my case).  If they find one, someone looks the "offending" word up in a list.  This list has the according inflexible punishment.

Perhaps someone having a deeper knowledge of this than I can help you. I can only say that I commiserate, and understand completely.  I would personally never let this be the end of the matter and would pester the living hell out of someone.

Sincerely,

D.K.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply