Soooo.... this just arrived

This was delivered 5 minutes ago.

Bright red box with Ebay all over it.

Open it up to find 6 rolls of tape.

The message basically says that Ebay are creating a range of packaging, (boxes, tape) and they are sharing the first round with sellers.

Seriosuly, as if I'm going to send something off with Ebay all over it - in my opinion it's just something that would attract the eye of thieves.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Soooo.... this just arrived

@cushioncovers wrote:

Seriosuly, as if I'm going to send something off with Ebay all over it - in my opinion it's just something that would attract the eye of thieves.

Why ? 

Puzzled ?

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

That would be the perfect thing to identify the boxes in my store room of items I currently have listed as opposed to what I haven't yet done - better than tiny scratchings on a box in pen.

I wonder if I have a goodies box awaiting me at the PO tomorrow - free packing tape is always welcome here.

Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Catspjs - the box is bright red! Not like the Aus Post boxes which are plain and fairly non-descript. It's a lot easier to spot a bright red box left on someone's porch than a plain white one.

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

I will have to wait a week to see if there is a box waiting for me, plane lands 7.00am so providing we get a taxi from the airport straight away and I can find the spanner to hook up the car battery I should be able to make it to the PO by 9.30am. I am going to be sooooooo diappointed if I have hurried everything along for nothing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I agree - Im dodgy as they come and tape all over a parcel with "eBay" written on it would definitely attract me Lol

I wouldnt use it either for that reason.

But I am moving house - tape would come in handy, I hope they send me some!

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

But I am moving house - tape would come in handy, I hope they send me some!

one of the posters scored 18 rolls. lets say you receive the same, you are moving house right? list the rolls on greedbay, make approx $3 profit on each roll,comes to $54.. when i last bought packing/ removal boxes they were $4.50 each. lets say they now cost $5 each, you can buy around 10 packing/ removal boxes which would come in very handy and when your finished with them you could resell each box as used for $2.50 each and pocket $25.00..Man Wink

Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

great to be thinking outside the red box.

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

I agree, I would find some way to put them to use, family, friends, or the idea above.

I like any free goodies LOL

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

I mainly send letters but I use tape on the plastic bags I put everything in inside the envelopes.  Tape certainly wouldn't be wasted if they sent me some!

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

I hope they send me some, I'll use it 🙂

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply