24 REPLIES 24

Spring Seller Update is here

go-tazz
Community Member

Under: New Labels Platform and Postage Options

Later this year, we’ll be bringing a new carrier onto the platform with competitive postage rates. We’ll also be enabling a multi-channel plug-in, so you can use the eBay Labels Platform to print labels for orders from other channels. Stay tuned for more information about these changes.

In other words trying to shaft AP as they may get a better deal from their "new" carrier (it's a wonder that they

haven't brought in a service yet where everything has to go through them).Angry head bang.gif

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

More Category Changes:

Key Dates

From 8 October 2019:

• We’re updating our category & classification structure. 
  • We’ll automatically move impacted listings to new categories on this date.
What’s Changing

We’re continuing to improve our on-site experience with enhancements to our category and classification structure. This includes adding new categories, and renaming and removing existing categories and classifications. 

We’ll automatically move any impacted listings to the most relevant category. These are the categories where we’re making changes:

• Books, Magazines
  • Cameras
  • Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
  • Computers/Tablets & Networking
  • Food & Drinks
  • Home & Garden
  • Home Appliances
  • Industrial
  • Music
  • Phones & Accessories
  • Sporting Goods
  • Video Games & Consoles
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Hopefully the "new carrier" isn't Sendle - the google forum boards are filled with complaints about how **bleep** they are.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Sendle is not a carrier as such......they offer a broking service and farm the work out to different couriers.  The seller would have no control over which courier delivers their items.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Books again. They just changed books. Probably going to change them back to the way they were. Or fix the comics bit.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Books again. They just changed books. Probably going to change them back to the way they were. Or fix the comics bit.

Are you wearing rose-coloured glasses today??  Or are you high on something?  Using the word fix is being way too optimistic, surely!

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

The new seller protections are the most frustrating and disappointing thing in this round of updates, at least for me.

It's also very telling of what we already know is eBay's position on fraudulent behaviour:

"We already protect all sellers against abusive buying behaviour, and events outside of your control. From 1 October, we’ll provide additional protection for listings with an eBay Plus badge:

If you receive a false ‘Item not as described’ request

Let us know, using our new Report a Buyer tool.
If we determine the buyer made a false claim, we’ll credit your monthly invoice with a return postage label up to $9.
We’ll automatically remove any negative or neutral Feedback, defects, and open cases in your service metrics.
If a returned item is opened, used or damaged

Issue a refund - You can deduct up to 50% to cover lost value.
We’ll automatically remove any negative or neutral feedback, defects and open cases in your service metrics.
We’ll step in to take care of any issues with the buyer on your behalf."

I am thoroughly dismayed ebay has introduced this to reward sellers who have earned Plus on their listings (that's their choice of words, not mine), since sellers don't get to opt in / out of Plus on their listings, nor do they decide which ones Plus applies to. 

If you let eBay know a buyer has opened a false INAD request, and they agree... why not protect sellers by denying the claim? Why is the "protection" to allow the return but cover the return postage? Sure, they wipe all negative traces of the issue from the seller's account, but that's not protection, that's blatant facilitation. Smiley Sad Besides which, if their protections against false claims are so great already, this wouldn't even be needed.

I'm guessing the $9 limit on postage might indicate the maximum amount of shipping that can be on a listing before it no longer can qualify for Plus, it's a pretty token gesture as it is, but I'd hate to think a seller would be on the hook for a large postage difference in other circumstances.  

Then there's the introduction of allowing sellers to retain up to 50% of the item price if it's returned damaged etc. That's a lot better than the other one (retain up to 20% in same circumstances, but only if you offered free return postage), but I'm disgusted this is only provided to sellers of items that eBay have deemed to be priced within whatever their acceptable risk band is and whaked the Plus logo on it - these are issues eBay created for all sellers with the introduction of the MBG, and now when they finally decide to step up to the plate with some flexibility in dealing with fraud, it will only be for a chosen few transactions? 

Thanks, I hate it. 

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

digi, there's a lot of if's and may's in there so I wouldn't take it as gospel that Plus sellers will actually get any extra protection.  Personally, I don't think it's worth the paper it's written on.  Does it mean that Plus sellers don't have to offer any proof that things were returned in a different condition and that ebay will believe anything they say.  I just can't see that happening!  If it does happen, it kind of smacks of discrimination (more than 'kind of').

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply