Starting a new account. can I link it to this one (for Feedback benefits) ?

Hi, have just arted a new account and of course so far 0 feedback, so before I start listing items, is there a way to link it to this account somehow to prove to buyers I'm not a newbie and I can be trusted ?  or can I mention in the listing itself this fact, ? would hate buyers to pass me by thinking I'm a fly-by night seller who would just take their $$$ and run. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

In each listing you can tell them welcome, and to please

check out your other listings on your other account - and then put in a clickable link

If you don't make that link clickable, they won't bother looking.

And vice versa on this account.

You'll be restricted to 10 listings on the new one.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

And you can possibly increase limits on the new account when you show eBay you have other established accounts.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, will have a read
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

On your new account, scroll part way down the My Selling page and there will be a link to increase your selling limit. In there it will ask you the ID of your establised account. That will link them in eBay and should increase your monthly limit to 30.

When I started a new ID a few years back, it wasn't doing much. I figured people were a bit scared of a 0 feedback seller. I put a message in each listing saying I was an establised seller with 100% feedback rating and this was a brand new account. I also said that I will provide the same exceptional service as I do on my establised account. I didn't put a link because I wasn't sure if it was allowed. Within days I started getting bids on things. Could have been coincidence, but I'm going to say the message helped 😄

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Tippy, you're allowed to put in links to your own accounts, 

just not to outside ebay websites

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I didn't know that at the time, so played it safe. I know how eBay keeps moving the goal posts so didn't want to risk doing anything too much!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

My non-store selling account started at 0 (obviously). I didn't put any links or messages in but still made sales.

Although I did start with a listing limit of 100 by linking my 'credit' card.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

That musta been back in the olden days. I added a credit card and I still only got an increase to 30. That's OK. I'm happy to let it build up on its own and I only get 40 free a month anyway. My newest account got a recent increase to 50, even with only 10 feedback, which is more than enough at the moment. If we were still getting free listing promotions it would be different, but we're not, so 50 is cool.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply