Stock discrepancy and item not received

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could give me some quick thoughts...

I sent an item via a letter and the buyer has let me know their item was not received...I would be wary as this buyer has not received something once before but it turns out I have one more item left despite the fact I sold out of it on Ebay.

Did I make a mistake and cause an unlucky coincidence? Or did I mess up someone else's order? I'm planning to just replace the 'lost item' since I have one left...is this what you would do? I'm kind of worried someone else is going to email me and go...you sent me the wrong thing! Thanks in advance 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I would either send a replacement as a registered letter or just say sorry and refund in full whichever option was the cheapest.  

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Send it SOD instead of registered as it's cheaper. 😉

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Just an update - turns out that I had an unpaid item so there was no stock discrepancy - the buyer's item just went missing for a second time 😞

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would either send a replacement as a registered letter or just say sorry and refund in full whichever option was the cheapest.  

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks phorum_junkie! Will do 🙂 Would you advise any further action? Or should I just complete this transaction for now and wait and see how their next order goes? I know I made a mistake with my stock but I'll just be kicking myself if an item goes missing a third time :0
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Send it SOD instead of registered as it's cheaper. 😉
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Can you have SOD without registering when it is a letter? 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Well I thought so but having just spent 20 minutes trawling through the AP site, there's plenty of mention of registering letters, but the only reference to SOD seems to relate to satchels or parcels, so perhaps SOD isn't available for large letters although I'm sure I saw mention of it being an option on the AP postage calculator when listing the other day. I'm going to the PO tomorrow so I'll ask them while I'm there and get a definitive answer.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

My post office claims that letters can not be sent SOD. I have sent a few and every time the only tracked service I can use is registered
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

My local LPO told me the same thing this morning and when I asked them why, they were unable to give me an answer, other than the fact that registered costs more. There's no logical reason that SOD can't be used on large letters other than the fact that it's simply not stated as being an option, so it appears that the consumer loses out yet again purely in the name of AP's profitability.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, Sod only on parcels. buy a box of 50 registered labels, only $3 each not $3.75.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips guys! Luckily I'll be doing a refund this time but I will keep this in mind as something to try if I ever need to guarantee a large letter's delivery.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply