Store subscription = sales

Yesterday I wrote in frustration that I had not had a sale since 22nd June and was contemplating changing my store subscription level to see if there would be more exposure.

Figuring I had nothing to lose (except $54 + GST), I actually went ahead and changed it about 4 hours ago and within the last 2 hours I've already had 3 decent sales.

Not really happy that I've had to put in more money, as my store had been tracking really well on the Basic level for several years, BUT it will be interesting to see if these sales today are just a coincidence or if the new store level will actually bring a corresponding rise in sales.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yesterday was the first Monday I haven't had any parcels to post for many weeks. It felt very odd. I had one small sale today but otherwise sales have fallen off he perch lately. 

I wonder why upping your store subscription resulted in increased sales> Does it give you more exposure?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

A coincidence, I think.

I reduced my store from Featured to Basic when MP came in and the only change is increased FVFs. Which don't add up to $33 per month, which is the actual difference between Basic and Featured. I have no idea where you get $54 + GST from; that would be the difference between no and a Featured store.

Is there any particular reason why you need to provide the community with a blow-by-blow description of your specific travails?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Just remember that "correlation does not equal causation", i.e. one event following another does not mean the first event caused the other, no matter how intuitive it feels to conclude so.

eBay can lead buyers to the water, but they can't make them drink - forget sales history, at least look at traffic; a dramatic increase as soon as you upgraded would be a better indicator that more exposure can be gained from higher store subs. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I reduced my store to basic, and there was no change in sales.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

how do you explain the sale on the 2nd of July

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I use featured store mainly for the extra FVF discount but it is not much of a saving but anything helps. As far as extra sales not sure if it helps but it is only an extra $30 odd dollars. My advice would be to regularly add new listings which appears to help. 

As I mentioned in another thread check your traffic mine is down on ebay but my sales conversion rate is up and as such my sales have steadily increased over the last few months. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@sugar249 - there was NO sale on the 2nd of July. Weirdly enough, that sale was actually made weeks ago on the 9th of June, so no idea why it would show up as a July sale.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

That's really weird, because when you click on your sold listings, it says you had that sale on July 2. When you go into the actual listing, and click on the "1 sold" link, it clearly says it was sold June 9. Very weird indeed.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Did you end the listing on that day as I have noticed this many times that it may not show a sale everytime but will when ended.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply