Strategies To Combat Aus Post 3 Day Letter Post Parcel delivery in January

I hope this subject has not been flogged to death here but was wanting to hear from other sellers on how they will cope with the Aus Post 3 day letter post delivery which is starting in january I believe. Nearly all my parcels are letter post and I cannot afford to pay for there one day service on my items that are free postage, maybe another kick in the guts for small sellers I would say.............

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I have changed my handling time from 1 to 3 days but still post within 1 business day. Then I have leeway on the time it takes to get to the customer.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

But then you loose your coverage on the ebay searches......................................

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Perhaps, but since I changed my handling time, I have not noticed any dip in sales.

If anything, the last few weeks have been great, so it hasn't affected me that I can see.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@lurehouse wrote:

But then you loose your coverage on the ebay searches......................................

@lurehouse wrote:

I have a 5 day handling time and people have no problems finding my stuff. I still post within 1 day. My handling time is to fatten out the estimate.

I plan to start charging for large letter postage come January.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I'm lucky in that I'm in a metropolitan area and my large letters arrive within 1 or 2 days to most places - my feedback is littered with "fast postage!" comments. So I really don't think an extra day will affect me too much.

I am more concerned about the additional cost. It's a significant price rise, especially for the higher tiers (250g - 500g $3.50 to $5.00)

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

We are large letter sellers and so will be totally at the mercy of the buyers' answers to the question "did it arrive on time?".

If we start to see too many NO's then we will have to drop our handling time back to 3-days to counteract it.

At the moment our feedback is also littered with the fast shipping comments as we awlays mail same day as we receive an order.

So we too are hoping this will still get us by. So will watch and see what happens.

Yes... we also are more concerned about what the steep postage cost increase will do to our sales volume as we increase our prices to cover it. Since we now use 2x stamps on almost everything this means a price rise of about 65 cents (fees included) to cover that.

That's roughly a 6.5% price increase across the board for us.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

It's a significant price rise across the board for letter rates, since they are all based on multiples of stamps.

DVD - $1.40 -> $2
DVD double/triple pack or game - $2.10 -> $3
2 DVDs side by side in a PB3 mailer - $3.50 -> $5

Still beats Parcel Post either way. I still think they will suddenly change that to over $10 in the next 6 months or so.

From 1st January I will have to go from $2.50 to $3 or $3.50 postage, and I bet this will cause a significant amount of buyers to baulk at the postage and/or give me a few 1's for that as well if they do buy things!
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I still think buyers will mark us down on feedback for slow delivery that is my biggest fear....................

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

If eBay knew what they were doing, they'd postpone the new standards to give buyers time to adjust to AP's new delivery times.

Or they'd scrap the standards altogether, because they're stupid.

Neither of those things will happen.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply