Struggling to issue part refund.

Hi,

I need to refund a small amount of excess postage as agreed with a customer. Normally I just go into PP, click the "refund this payment" and then type in the amount I want to refund.

Now it won't let me enter a part refund at all - it says I can only issue a full refund.

I did notice that it seems to only be with transactions that have multiple items.

What's going on?

How do I now do a part refund?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just ignoring the technical part of the problem for a moment

You will have the buyer's paypal address, you could just send a payment?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You could just send a personal payment to their email address so they don't have to pay any fees on receipt. Of course if there was a problem and they put in a claim you would still be liable for the full cost.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They probably used a discount code when making the purchase. In those cases, partial refunds aren't possible unfortunately. I normally upgrade postage when that happens, or include extra items, but the only way for a partial monetary refund is to send a PayPal payment or include it in the package - but you'd need to be fairly confident they will 100% happy with everything as doing a return etc would become trickier.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks everyone.

Digi - what you say makes sense - I've had a promotion on for a few weeks through the Promotions Manager section, so that's probably why I can't do the partial refund.

I'll send a PP payment to their email address.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Must remember this tip.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply