Surely there is a major problem here

Item 26151401086 cop the feedback. Surely the poor guy is ill / dead/ hospital or not at home. Why can't ebay step in and put a hold on the account to  see what's going on ?? 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Surely there is a major problem here

How is it that there is a handful of positive feedback & comments amongst all of those negs then? Are they from buyers who don't leave feedback for several weeks after the sale, or what? Surely he's not still trading!
Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

I've seen worse feedback on an account and no amount of emailing ebay would get them to take any action.

From memory, a few members managed to find out the seller's address and involved the local police.  It was a thread that ran to many pages over many days and ebay sat on their hands and did nothing.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

There is no indcation that this seller is ill, dead or unable in any way to run their business. They are receiving some pos amongst the negs and they received an over average number in months past. Looks more lilely to be a seller who has been let down by a drop shipper.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

If that's the case and he's still trading, he's clearly making no effort to contact his buyers to let them know what's happening which is only making matters 100x worse. I actually suspect the occasional recent positives to be from earlier sales and believe that the seller has either abandoned his account, or is otherwise indisposed (in jail, critically ill in hospital, or maybe even dead).

Whatever the case, it's almost unbelievable that eBay has still done absolutely nothing to prevent buyers from sending off their money for items which will obviously never arrive, particularly when other sellers have been arbitrarily shut down permanently for having far fewer infractions or defects than this seller must have by now. It's not as if eBay haven't been told about this seller either, so why the hell haven't they acted by now?
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

I thought exactly the same thing (except I never thought of the drop shipper, I just thought maybe they must have been a bit slack).

But I bet you have it right.

As far as I can see,there is a lot of stuff for sale and it all looks new, the ads look professional.

And the negatives go back right over the last 12 months, with a few positives to keep the ball rolling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As a buyer, I can say that when I click on an ad, it is mainly to have a look at the item.

If I like it, I give a quick glance over to see what sort of a score the seller has. This seller has 610 and a purple star after his name, so I would bet that to a lot of buyers, that suggests he's an experienced seller with a reasonable track record.

His feedback is 93.4%. Again, to a newish buyer, that could seem like most of his buyers must be happy.

Not every buyer clicks in and reads the detailed feedback and you shouldn't have to.

When I first started using ebay, way back around 2000 or whenever, I was under the impression that if a seller got 3 strikes they were kicked off ebay. Maybe I was wrong. I probably was.

But I do recall I never received one item and by the time I went in to give a neg, it was too late, there had been about 6 others before me and the seller was no longer a registered user, so I presume their account was stopped.

In these days of automation, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask that if a seller gets a certain number of negs in a month (or a buyer a certain number of unpaid strikes, for that matter), that their account is suspended, pending investigation?

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

The last buyer to leave a positive, with 24 feedback bought on August 25th. The one before that, with 9 feedback, bought on August 13. The last negative, from 209 feedback bought Sspt 3. 44 feedback buyer bought on Oct 2. Down the bottom of the first feedback screen, buyer 47 feedback bought on Sept 1. That makes me wonder if something happened at the very end of August.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Item number 261552053840 worked for me, had a look at the feedback, omg, maybe ebay is not aware only paypal as the complaints have gone to them.  Everything is automated these days.  Somone should call ebay and see what they say.  How can these sellers trade?  I think buyers should be educated in checking feedback before the purchase.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

A few weeks ago a reputable seller with a high feedback score, a high feedback percentage and 4.9 DSR's was shut down by eBay due to getting too many transaction defects in a short space of time. The seller in question here, has got WAY more defects, has a far lower feedback score, a far lower percentage and yet is still there. EBay know, they are just not doing anything about it for whatever the reason.

I think this highlights the blatant double standards by eBay. They are trying to bend over backwards to keep buyers happy, yet there are a lot of disgruntled buyers due to this seller, who may decide that they don't want to buy on eBay any more. Go figure.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Hi i am still here.. Have started listing on quick sales but nothing sold as yet. Been there for a little over a week now..

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

We have had a sample lot of 8x of our items listed on QS for almost 4-months now.

And while we are seeing quite a few views we have not had a single sale yet.

We have priced them lower than we have the same items on ebay.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply