Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

1) Does your account currently qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

Yes, it qualifies for the current weekend listing promotion.

No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Did it previously qualify for the promotion before?

Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

No, it has never qualifed for the past weekend promotion.

3) When was the last time this account was used for selling (approximate)?

It is currently actively selling

The last selling activity was 1 month ago

The last selling activity was 3 months ago

The last selling activity was 6 months ago

The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) What is the registration date (year) of that account?

XXXX

If you have multiple accounts, please separate.

I'll begin:

Account No. 1

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was 1 month ago

4) 2012

Account No. 2

3) The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) 2015

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Hopefully this survey may help us sellers plan on our future. Since there is conflicting information by eBay customer reps on the current situation (eg. the weekend promo has been canceled, the weekend promo is random, the weekend promo will be fixed next week etc), it has disrupted our businesses without warning and the uncertainty does not help facilitate our decision making as sellers (eg. should we open a store, should we list the items on x account or y account, should we relist our items immediately or should we wait a bit, etc).

Due to uncertainty on how to proceed, my 500 items have remained unlisted for more than a week. I have lost 1 week of sales and similarly, eBay and PayPal has lost 1 week of business and fees from me. I doubt I am the only one.

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

1. None of your business.

2. None of your business

3. None of your business

4. None of your business.

There is no current weekend promotion, so nobody is going to qualify.

Past promos are no guarantee of future promos.

READ the myriad threads about this issue before starting another one.

And your 500 unsold listings are hardly likely to bother eBay, just as my soon to be 1000 won't.

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

There is no "current" weekend promotion. The previous one is GONE. No amount of new threads, or surveys, or whinging and moaning is going to change that. We've all had to deal with it. Maybe everyone else needs to start dealing with it too.

EBay couldn't give a toss about your 500 listings. Not when they have millions and millions of Chinese listings making them money. Plus millions and millions of other listings from around the world. Your 500 aren't even a blip. Nor are my 60. If you're so concerned about eBay missing out on the fees from your 500 listings, open a store.

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

Mine:

3) The last selling activity was 1 month ago

4) 2002

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

If your last sale was a month ago ebay aren't going to miss your 500 listings one little bit. This is exactly the scenario they'd be trying to eliminate - sellers with hundreds of listings and only the occasional sale. I can't say I blame them.

The 40 free listings were only ever meant to be to help people sell a few things around the house, not to run businesses.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

With all due respect; we can hardly start blaming sellers for the reckless amount of "free" listings that have been thrown at sellers in  the last 6 months or so !

It all started out innocently enough with 40 free listings per month; most  hobby sellers were happily coasting along with that amount of free listings, but then E-Bay started to up the ante and more and more free listings were given away; eg list as many items as you can during weekends etc

Needless to say E-Bay became awash with thousands upon thousands of extra listings and nearly every weekend more unlimited listings were offered; resulting in an endless sea of listings, inundating, saturating and spoiling the market !

Perhaps E-Bay finally figured out this has become an untenable situation and has now pulled the plug !

This now leaves sellers with hundreds of listings that need to suddenly be crammed into their usual 40 free listings per month, unless of course you open a store !

The question remains however if sellers that normally use their 40 free listings, now suddenly want to open a store if they only ever wanted to take advantage of the unlimited free listings offered by E-Bay in the first place......

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

Yes, it was absolutely terrible of ebay to give out so many free listings. Shame on them for being so generous!

Damned if they do, damned if they don't give extra listings.

People need to get used to two facts:

1.  Ebay owe none of us anything except what's in the user agreement.

2.  Ebay are never going to tell us when we're going to get extra listings or what the terms will be.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

I very much doubt E-Bay would give sellers free listings because they want to be generous !

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

With all the incredible greed and ingratitude expressed lately I'm surprised they give us anything! I wonder whether all those who think ebay owes them go into Coles or Woolies and say, "I bought something here last week and made money for you so I should get something for free this week." They're all owned by mums and dads shareholders but you think they're a charity run for your personal use.
Message 10 of 50
Latest reply