Suspecting sold item to scammer. Item sent.

rcws88
Community Member

Sold an item recently worth 3k to an account that has 1 feedback and created 2 days prior to purchasing my item. The buyer went silent after the item was picked up (I used sendle pick up). I just looked up the address provided is permanently closed on Google maps and was a student accommodation. Not sure what to do here as item should be delivered in the next day or two. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I hope it all goes well for you.

A $3000 sale though is a big one, where you don't want to take too many risks if you can help it.

Personally, I think the time to do any investigating would be before you posted anything off.

Then, if you were worried about the buyer, you could have cancelled the sale, citing problem with address etc

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You sent with signature on delivery, of courseโ€ฆ? Then youโ€™ll have seller protection.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Believe sendle recently removed the signature on delivery option. Anyway I contacted sendle tonight and theyb will flag the item with the courier so in the case of non delivery the item will not be returned to the depot and instead returned to sender. Hopefully all goes well

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@rcws88 wrote:

Sold an item recently worth 3k to an account that has 1 feedback and created 2 days prior to purchasing my item. The buyer went silent after the item was picked up (I used sendle pick up). I just looked up the address provided is permanently closed on Google maps and was a student accommodation. Not sure what to do here as item should be delivered in the next day or two. 

You do know that we all started one day and had zero feedback and most likely transacted the same day.  were you a scammer? I know I wasnt!

Why wouldnt the buyer go silent,  I don't communicate with buyers or sellers every day until the item arrives.

And you trust google maps,  that is a concern in itself!!!

Students can buy expensive items

Why didnt you check before you posted the item?

Not saying they aren't dodgy,  but don't assume,  you know what that means.

Must be a different account to this,  the only sale on this account around 3k was back in April,  should have arrived by now.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I hope it all goes well for you.

A $3000 sale though is a big one, where you don't want to take too many risks if you can help it.

Personally, I think the time to do any investigating would be before you posted anything off.

Then, if you were worried about the buyer, you could have cancelled the sale, citing problem with address etc

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

rcws88
Community Member

Just an update, managed to get in touch with buyer and confirmed delivery address. Confirmed with sendle and delivery has been confirmed this morning. All worked out in the end thankfully. Thanks to all involved. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@rcws88 wrote:

Just an update, managed to get in touch with buyer and confirmed delivery address. Confirmed with sendle and delivery has been confirmed this morning. All worked out in the end thankfully. Thanks to all involved. 

So I hope you also apologised to the buyer for calling them a scammer on a public forum.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply