Suspicions that Ebay hides my listings or entire store from different states

Hmmm. For a few months now I've noticed I'll go days with low or no sales, and then suddenly get a heap, and groups of them are from the same states.

Like all my sales on one day will be from SA, then on another day they'll be from TAS, then a bunch from QLD, then a few in a row from VIC or NSW.

Is this actually a thing?? Are my listings only being shown to certain states at a time and hidden from others?

Or am I just slowly going insane? lol
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Google eBay throttling.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I find it is better to search for items on the US site. As with say Montenegro banknotes on the AU site I get two pages, but the US gave me 7 pages of items. Talk about restricting what can be shown.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

We've noticed the state grouping with our sales too.

We also get short spurts of sales, followed by nothing, then another burst, and so on.

We call it "opening and closing the gates".
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

That is normal and is something you have to get used to. I find you will sell an item regularly then nothing for a few weeks then 2 weeks of sales in a few days. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

That is normal and is something you have to get used to. I find you will sell an item regularly then nothing for a few weeks then 2 weeks of sales in a few days. 

I am going to hold you to that.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

So it IS a thing!!!

Well then. Will ebay give me a discount on my shop rent cost each month for all the days my items aren't shown???!!! lol
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

they control the light switch :]

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
So it IS a thing!!!

Well then. Will ebay give me a discount on my shop rent cost each month for all the days my items aren't shown???!!! lol

I experienced the phenomina for some time, along with another similar but slightly different thing. This was that the combined monthly sales between two linked stores where always almost identical in $$$ value on a rolling basis. Basically I could budget and bank on getting $**** in sales every month without fail, regardless of the effort I put in. It was actually handy as I genuinly budgeted paying bills based on the set figure and it never let me down. 

Funny thing is I dont have it happen at all now. My accounts seem to operate naturally with sales increasing and decreasing based on the effort I am putting into ebay at the time. ( as they should ) . It means if I need some extra cash, I can run full time on ebay for a week or two and increase sales as needed, to generate the extra income.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I wish that would happen to me! It seems to make not too much difference how much work I put in. Grr.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply