Switching to the US site

Does everyone realise that parts of the ebay Australia process are run through the USA website? I use Selling Manager, and quite a lot of the process is run by the US site. No problem you might think, however have you noticed when you return to Myebay suddenly all your selling lists are gone, or your purchase history is zero? This is because you are still "hosted" by the US site. Still not a problem? If you pay for an Australian purchase while still being hosted by the US site your purchase is then classified as a purchase in the USA. Then try getting a refund or cancelling a purchase in Australia. You are told that the item was purchased in the USA and you have to go to the US website to make a claim. Of course that site doesnt recognise Australia Post or their tracking numbers.

Then try to contact customer suport, you are given a US phone number and calling key. No good for Australia. Try reporting the problem to customer support. They have absolutely no understanding of the underlying issues, and tell you "just log on to the ebay.com web siite, no problem"

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Switching to the US site

Sorry but in all the years I have been selling on ebay in multiple countries I have never been migrated to another site unless I have chosen to log into it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Switching to the US site

Yes, you can end up on the US site frequently via the site map links on the AU site without having to log into the US site.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Switching to the US site

The worst offender is the "Page not found" or feature unavailable page. Someone mentioned  recently about accessing SEO for stores, so I thought I'd double check if I could still access and update mine but got the page not found thing. I clicked on a My eBay link from that page and was asked to sign in, which was odd because I had just before, so I looked at the URL and sure enough, I was on eBay.com (Was most definitely on eBay AU when I went to check my store settings).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply