Taking down all listings and starting again. Advice please?

Hi, I'm finding that now I need to change all of my photos that it might be easier to remove them all and start again. I want to change the layout and design of my description section so I may as well do it all at once. Can anyone tell me why this would not be a good idea? Any advice would be very appreciated.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Taking down all listings and starting again. Advice please?

chezzy
Community Member

What do you feel needs changing? What are you hoping to present to potential buyers?

I would like to make a couple of suggestions but would prefer more information from you first. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for responding quickly. I am thinking that my page needs to look more professional and I want my theme to be the same as my website. I'm not sure what's involved in changing all the listing in bulk to a new layout, but as I need to take a photo of each item I have, I might as well start from scratch. I hope that made sense.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I can't comment on the how-to with bulk changes but a couple things I noticed that could be improved

- perhaps try sticking to one or two fonts/sizes in the description. I think it is easier on the eyes.

- I like the use of dot points, nice and simple like in item 187 INK

- condense your information, I feel there is way too much eg item Lucky 13 re conditions of sale, postage etc.

Too many colours, font size changes, some really small text that will be overlooked

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I am actually not a fan of fancy layouts or templates, I really prefer simple layouts.

As long as you have good photos, a suitable description and use appropriate

key words it will be a great start.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Think about variations on a word eg some of your listings might only say tee in the title.

Well what about tshirt, t-shirt and tee shirt. If someone does a search for tshirt they may

miss out on seeing your listing...

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

How many listings are we talking, and how many can you change in a day?

Remember, that if your items for sal;e are not on show, you can't sell them and you can't make money.

Personally, I would do it one at a time as the listing ended and I went to relist it

Even if your listings aren't as schmick as you'd like, at least while they are live you have a chance at a sale

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I would remove just about everything below the item description especially the facebook link mentioning your website. Yourlistings are probably being reported by the trolls who report anything they can find that is brought to their attention on the boards. If even a few of your listings get pulled and you get policy violations it will do you a great deal more harm than having not very good photos

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you to everyone for all of your advice and ideas, they are very helpful.

Have a great dy everyone!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I reckon your listings look great as they are . 

Customers know what they what . A good photo and short accurate description works for me.

Cheers Rick

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply