Technical issues.

Is anyone else suddenly having eBay site issues?  Up until about an hour ago, all was well. I had a sale and went to do a "sell similar" listing and it took me to the sign in page where it just looped itself into oblivion! I did the listing using Auctiva - which went on as usual - but then needed to make a small revision on the listing and we're back to the endless sign-in loop again. 

I tried a couple of work-arounds which either ended up in the loop (kept having to close the site and log back on from my desktop shortcut which worked fine), or it took me to a problem-type page offering tech support and guess what?  Looped again. One of the tech solutions was to "talk to the community, which I clicked on and it took me to a totally different-looking eBay Community page than this one. May have been another country's but I find this odd considering I only ever logged on via my own shortcut.

It also at one stage took me to a page telling me that I was limited to a certain number of page views, which I had exceeded, and would now be locked out for 24 hours (never heard of such a thing before!) - and obviously, I'm not locked out!

I've done the usual - cleared the cache etc - and it's happening on 2 different desktops. All seems well as long as I don't try to revise or list anything. I'm using Firefox and usually have no problems at all.

Any clues? Anybody.....

Marina.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Technical issues.

Panic attack over - it's all working properly again now. Was taking me to the US site about 2 out of every 3 log - on attempts but whatever glitch it had seems to have worked itself out now.

Although I've still never heard of being locked out for viewing a page too many times!

Cheers,

Marina.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Technical issues.

Panic attack over - it's all working properly again now. Was taking me to the US site about 2 out of every 3 log - on attempts but whatever glitch it had seems to have worked itself out now.

Although I've still never heard of being locked out for viewing a page too many times!

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply