Terapeak Analytics

Has anyone bothered to subscribe to the Terapeak Listing Analytics?

I see that it is free, but is it worthwhile signing up for potential analysis paralysis?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Terapeak Analytics

go-tazz
Community Member

@cushioncovers wrote:

Has anyone bothered to subscribe to the Terapeak Listing Analytics?

I see that it is free, but is it worthwhile signing up for potential analysis paralysis?

I did once about 5 years ago and all it wanted to do was compare my local sales compared to my overseas

sales,(which was ludicrous as I don't sell overseas).

Ended up getting rid of it as it didn't interest me and didn't want the Emails,(it seemed to be more based

towards US members IMO.

It may have changed and as it's free it may be a useful tool to you,but who knows,Who knows.gif

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Terapeak Analytics

Hello i am currently using the free trial. i am undecided if i will keep using it . i love the statistics and what you work out as far as trends and what is hot selling. BUT i started wondering how accurate they stats are for eBay Australia , so i checked there results using the same keyword compared to an eBay completed /sold results and noticed a big difference in amount of items . i could not work it out as terapeak claims to be able to give a heap longer search day wise that i can get off a general eBay search. so by rights they should have more results , but a lot of the time it was not the case. was still scratching my head then clicked on one the results and soon realised why i was sent to eBay to Americain eBay to see an Australian auction or buy it now. even though i had ticked the Australian section on terapeak. the truth is when you search on Australian eBay search  through them you are really only getting the results that American eBay gets on austraian sales  .as not all Australian categories run into the same American eBay categories and not all listings here that sold show up if you search through american ebay. if this is right which from what i can see so far well the stats they produce are wildy in accurate in some cases and alot . if you want to search used items again it is harder to do .also forget 1 or 2 year claims basically some searches are limited to 30 days max some 90 days max. Now if you are  sell new items that follow the same trend from american ebay go crazy there then the same trend happens here  i would say this is one hell of a great tool invaluable  . if you sell secondhand well no as the results can be to unreilable but about one feature it has is great for new or used. so to weigh up if 30 dollars is worth that one feature and alot of maybe in accurate or should i say small sample that has to be doubled checked to make sure the percentages and sell through rate is accurate . really defeats the purpose of saving time and cutting to the chase. i personal belive alot in australia  have tried the free trial and opted out within the seven days , but if you are selling new to the usa market i would say try it . some may disagree but if they are only getting australian  results od american ebay well accurate they can not be.  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply