Text Editor

Hello everyone,

Firstly a big humble thanks for the kind assistance you guys have given us with our start-up. You've solved many issues for us and we'll be forever grateful. I was getting so bogged down and frustrated. Our listings are improving and will get better - all thanks to the support from here. And, maybe a coincidence, but I've no way of knowing - our sales have improved too. So thank you!

Can someone now help me with a good Text Editor please? Something wherein I can layout my listings and then paste to the listing form on eBay without 'anything' changing. Is there such a thing?

Thanks always,

Melina.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Text Editor

I use Notepad++ for doing similar stuff.

Pretty good text editor and free.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

I have seen others here suggesting wysiwyg.

But looks like you already use one in your listings.

Nice pipes BTW.

I have a Vauen designed by Barontini.

20171015_123630.jpg

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

Hi Kopes and Clarry,

Some kind advice from before suggested Notepad, but what I've got here has no facility for editing. I'm not tech savvy so it's probably quite different to what I was told about. I'll search now, thanks very much.

I'll have a look for the other one too.

No, that's not one of our listings. But, you're right, some very nice pipes. Giorgio has been a mad hatter collector since he was a kid. It's taken me awhile, but yes, these days I can see the art and love in the workmanship. There's extremely talented people everywhere with all sorts of manufacturing isn't there? It's the totally hand made pipes that really get my interest. So clever.

Thanks once again. I'd better get back to sorting out whatever new mess he's made Smiley Very Happy. It'll somehow be my fault though Smiley Very Happy!!

Melina.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

Notepad++ is not the same as the standard Windows text editor known as Notepad.

It's quite a whole lot more powerful and feature loaded.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

Sorry Kopes, I think I misunderstood. Is that YOUR pipe?

Its beautiful. We're about to list something similar. I'm not sure of brand though. I get a bit confused with them. How some people just look at them and know exactly what they are and all is mind boggling.

Heavy rain here in Brisbane. We needed it. It's wonderful.

Melina.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

Many thanks Clarry, I'm on it, I think Smiley Wink.

I'll annoy  you again if I run into trouble.

Melina.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

If you have a complete MS Office you might want to have a look at Publisher.

It will do html for webpage publication and is WYSIWYG.

Once you've got acceptable code you can copy it to Notepad + for easy insertion into eBay listings.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Text Editor

Sorry Kopes, I think I misunderstood. Is that YOUR pipe?

Yes that is my personal one that gets used once a year.

I don't smoke but have it for the aroma.

The style as you may know is a Briar pipe.

We have a perfect 23 degrees in Melbourne ATM.

image host
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply