Text in Pics, Lots Still Do it

So ebay rules are no addition text in product pics, I see a lot of sellers adding there seller name in large text to all there listings is this one of those 'rules that we dont enforce'?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

sellers are permitted to add their name as a watermark to their photos, to prevent others copying them - is that what you mean?

Adding a watermark to your photos

You can use our watermark creation service to add a camera icon, your eBay user ID, or both as a watermark on your photo. Note: Watermarks are the only text that can be added to your photo.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/pictures.html#adding

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

eBay AU is currently only enforcing some of the pic requirements.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/pictures

The โ€˜rulesโ€™ are enforced for all new and existing listings on eBay.com.au and most other eBay sites.

Existing Good โ€˜Til Cancelled listings are currently exempt from the pictuire requirements. 

While weโ€™re not currently enforcing the โ€˜recommendationsโ€™ for pictures, think about the impact not optimising your pictures could have ...

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@sportandplay wrote:

eBay AU is currently only enforcing some of the pic requirements.

Dang, I wish I'd know that! I thought it was an enforced policy now, and stopped using a 'Reserved' graphic as the gallery image for custom orders. I also used to change the gallery pic with a text graphic if I had to end a listing but wanted watchers to know something in particular, good to know I still can. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

au_ma07
Community Member

You can add your name or shopname to your photos.But you are not allowed to add website address.I use this software called Mass Watermark to do it in Bulk.

Take a look

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply