Thank You Ebay, You've Done it Again.

Imagine my elation at getting a sale. Yippeeee! Only to discover that the item sold SEVEN YEARS AGO. Once again, ebay is relisting old, sold items, for no apparent reason. Now I have to spend a day going through each item, on each account to make sure I still have it in my possession. 

The buyer is a bit neg happy, but I'm not worried about that. If she negs me, she negs me. I just wish ebay would stop this carp of randomly relisting old, sold items from seller's accounts, without their knowledge.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That's just another way of "enhancing your eBay experience" s & d......................😎

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Zombie listings…

And it isn’t even Halloween.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't even think Zombies are that old!!!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

That's seriously weird and just plain wrong.  Just not good enough service from ebay.

I don't care if it is an old listing or something new, the only person relisting anything should be the seller.

I'd be furious. Most of the time I am partially placid but every now and again when I feel something is unjust, I am a force you don't want to tangle with.

I'd be on ebay chat with a 'please explain'. They need to know and I would not put up with them telling me I had somehow made a mistake. I'd be asking them to remove that listing or any others and to remove any neg if I got one.

I don't know if it would help anything but my blood pressure but I'd give it a go, for sure.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I am not a seller, but sometimes I have noticed zombie listings too.

Some time ago I had bought something rare and paid for it immediately just to see it pop up in my feed the day after. I was really worried, but luckily it was taken down short after.

On another occasion I saw something that I thought had been sold and was happy because I wanted that item, but I was then told the item had indeed been sold and it was unclear why it was relisted.

Speaking of feed... I have hardly found it useful lately, probably because the sellers I have saved are small and don't promote their items (so they don't come up in my feed?), but NOTHING new has come up for almost 3 days.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

yep...ebay needs to fix this issue....been happening for YEARS: just copy the link for your buyer

The eBay Deja Vu Glitch: When Sold Items Sell Again (ecommercebytes.com)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply