Thank you from EBay

I sell "Stamp Albums on CD" which I send as a PDF file burned to a CD in a large letter. As occassionally happens buyer sends a request advising item has not arrived. I immediately message him advising I will send another copy attached to his PayPal email. I also advised that his request automatically gave me a defect. He was very apologetic and said he was unaware of this situation. But he promised to leave positive feedback, which he has done.

Then EBay gave me a defect.

Then I received a wonderful email from EBay (Not a message but an email.)

To avoid future claims and to guarantee delivery, I have decided to send the PDF file to the buyer attached to their PayPal email, immediately after they pay AND to post the CD within 24 hours as usual.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thank you from EBay

stampingpaws, that is outrageous.  They admit you resolved the case and still you cop a defect !  Don't they get that sometimes things go missing in the mail ????  And that is not the Sellers fault !!!  Trouble is, there is no longer any seller protection !!

These last couple of days I have experienced and read about more problems than ever . . . . . .  words fail me when it comes to describing what this place has become . . . . well a few come to mind, but they'd be *bleeped*

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

Yes, sellers still get defects. It's automatic when a buyer opens a case. For items sent without tracking -  Seller can refund/replace immediately doesn't matter, the defect stays. No proof of delivery.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

@am*3 wrote:

Yes, sellers still get defects. It's automatic when a buyer opens a case. For items sent without tracking -  Seller can refund/replace immediately doesn't matter, the defect stays. No proof of delivery.

Yes I know am*, I just think the system is unbalanced and grossly unfair. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

OMG
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

@mbselections00 wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Yes I know am*, I just think the system is unbalanced and grossly unfair. 

Yes, it is.

There needs to be a step before seller gets a defect.  If seller refunds immediately (which you have to do really, if there is no tracking),  then no defect.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

I really appreciate your support.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you from EBay

I sent a large letter to Sydney recently and then had a case opened against me for not received.  It should have arrived in 2 or 3 days but I posted it on a Monday and they opened the case on the next Sunday.  I wasn't prepared to refund straight away as I know postage times are slightly haywire lately, so I asked them to wait a couple of days.  Very early on the Wed morning the case was closed and I got an email to say the buyer closed the case, plus they left feedback, so obviously it had turned up on the Monday or Tuesday.  For an item that used to arrive in 2 or 3 days (usually 2), it took 7 or 8 days.

I'm wondering whether the buyer has to actually close the case manually, rather than it be automatic.  I didn't check for a couple of days but my defect has definitely been removed.

Edit:  I wasn't really surprised to see that in one place ebay told me the buyer had 4 days to escalate the case, and in another place it said they had 6 days. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply