That's it .. I'm finished...just closed my store after 11 years

That's it .. I'm finished... just closed my store after 11 years.

I've done my sums and it just isn't worth the time and effort anymore. The fees on postage is just wrong and has tipped the scales for me. I have sent Ebay an email telling them so as well.

I have adjusted prices  to cover costs, fees etc and then that makes the items to pricey and less buyers.

Thanyou all for your support and help over the years.

All the best to you

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: That's it .. I'm finished...just closed my store after 11 years

@prettypaperprints-2011 wrote:

That's it .. I'm finished... just closed my store after 11 years.

I've done my sums and it just isn't worth the time and effort anymore. The fees on postage is just wrong and has tipped the scales for me. I have sent Ebay an email telling them so as well.

I have adjusted prices  to cover costs, fees etc and then that makes the items to pricey and less buyers.

Thanyou all for your support and help over the years.

All the best to you

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes to you too gift-wrappers.

I appreciate it when posters let others know through the boards that they are bowing out, it helps make the boards seem more community minded, and it also confirms that small traders are doing it very tough indeed in this marketplace.

Gosh every good seller like yourself that leaves is such a loss to the small seller trading community and market share that we struggle to hang on to Cat Sad

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

These are sad times indeed & I for one, along with the majority I'm sure, wish you well for the future.

If it's any consolation, from what I'm reading in the O/S Press lately Ebay is in BIG trouble. They have announced staff layoffs, are in mega debt & their "you beaut" Business Model is failing miserably. PayPal is separating under new ownership & deserting the sinking ship. So this will mean either one of two things - a/ They wake up to themselves & try to salvage what's left by returning to their roots - i.e. go back to being a simple & HONEST Platform for small to mid sized Sellers to conduct their Businesses without all of the fear, intimidation & greed - or - b/ things will get worse with both Fee rises & even more deceit..... I personally don't hold out much hope for "a".

You may be getting out at the right time.

And davewill1964, for what it's worth, I think you need to pull you're head in. There was no need for your EXTREMELY RUDE comments. No need at all.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

The very best of luck to you     Smiley Happy    I hope whatever you do in the future is good for you.

It isn't easy, although I'm going to keep going for a while .... but I'm not expecting any miracles from eBay.

I too don't have the time to constantly post on the Discussion Page, but I keep my eye out and have found it very comforting at times to read of others with similar problems.    I don't post unless I have something 'rivetting' or helpful, .... and I don't always have the time !!!

Once again .... good luck,  ... good on you for having the 'guts' to do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Hello, another one gone, i sorry to here that, best wishes to you with whatever you choose to do in the future. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

ahhh........I care davo.

A few regulars on these boards should perhaps announce their own.....lol

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply