The 3 auto-relists are NOT free anymore.

I always list my items during the free listing period and choose to have them auto relisted for free as the little relist box says.

However, since last month i have been getting charged whenever the relists happen. I checked my account today, same thing. So i chat to the  lovely person on the Ebay help team. She tells me now that unless i'm in the free listing period, i will be charged for the auto-relists.

**bleep**!!...They are supposed to be free, and guess what, it still says it's free to relist when you go to list your item.

Be warned sellers, auto- relists are NOT free.

And i reccon Ebay are just letting people discover this for themselves because i certaintly didn't hear anything about this change.

Keep a close eye on your accounts that's all i can say.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: The 3 auto-relists are NOT free anymore.

I suspect OP has been using GTC and thought they ran forever without a monthly charge.

Not sure about their comments about ticking the box for free relists though.

I think if you're subscribed to SMP (??) you get charged for subsequent relists, but I'd imagine they wouldn't see the check box for the relists in the first place.

I doubt OP will be back.  I remember their last thread and how they quietly disappeared.  Their current post/s didn't seem interested in solving anything, only in spreading panic.  I take this sort of post with a grain of salt, though I acknowledge that with all the glitches at the moment anything is possible.  I seem to remember somebody else said in the forums a few days ago that they were being charged for relists.  Unfortunately a lot of sellers don't understand GTC and a lot will get caught out now that it's available for non-store sellers.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

As i said, i've only noticed this hapening since last month. I've checked my other invoices for the year and they are all fine.

I use my 40 free listings and only sometimes special promotions, which i have been doing a few years now, so why suddenly are my relists costing me??

So i am only  quoting  what the Ebay lady told me.

Ii thought i would be helpful and make people be aware of this,  but if i'm just going to get accused of spreading panic, i won't bother trying to be helpful ever again, i'm sorry i wasted your time.

As for Englishrosegardens coment.

I dissapeared from that post when i saw that i was getting bullied, and with my mental state at the time, i really didn't need that. I was absolutley disgusted at those coments from complete strangers, making me feel so unwelcomed, when i never attacked any of them. 

Maybe in future you should consider the repercussions of your hateful comments, especially when you don't know how the other person may take it. If i wanted to be bullied i'd go back to school.

This is definately the last time i'm commenting on any forums ever.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Did you READ the OP?

They were claiming free relists weren't. The ones that don 't require relisting until the full cycle has expired.

I'm with the rest. My free relists are still happening. And still free.

Yep and in response to a question that I was going to ask, here are the terms of the three free re-lists for non-business sellers:

• When you create a listing, here's how you can set it to relist automatically: Select Sell > Review your listing > Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell.

• The initial listing counts towards your monthly free listings (or an insertion fee is charged, if you've already used your entitlement), but the automatically relisted items don't.

So, I guess anyone who is being charged a fee within those guidelines should be entitled to a fee credit, unless they're a business seller. I just wasn't sure, that's why in my previous post I wrote "I guess it makes sense" but in reality it does say that the re-lists are still free, even if you go over your 40 quota.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I am finding now that the 40 free listings are free but if you want to "make more edits" they charge $1.65.... so I am reluctant to even list in case it auto relists and charges me
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply