The Invitation only: 100 free auction and fixed price listings finishes 11th of August

Hello,

I was sent an invitation to the 100 free listings before 11th of August on Friday. I therefore spent Friday and Saturday listing  - but then this evening when I went to list it said "This promotional offer is not open to you". I have not exceeded the 100 listings yet (have only done about 30) so I am puzzled.

Does anyone know what has happened? Has this happened to you?

Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The Invitation only: 100 free auction and fixed price listings finishes 11th of August

Did you actually accept this offer?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I posted approximately 30 listings Friday and Saturday and Sunday after clicking n the "accept offer" in the Messages part of me "My Ebay". So it worked for three days but tonight "You are not elgible" etc.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I went in via a different link and it appears to be working now.

Many thanks.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Glad to hear you got it working. Great job! Silly eBay glitches 😄

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I got the surprise of my life tonight - I JUST managed to get my 100 items listed before midnight, and when I went to check I had the number right, I noticed that my 40 free monthly listings were still available. Cautiously I listed another item - and yes, it went through with no listing fee. How different to that previous month where the three free RELISTS were taken off the listing total. And I am sure that in past months, if I haven't used my 40 free listings BEFORE I accept one of their offers, my monthly freebies disappear. How things can change.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I only managed 70 due to being busy over the last week. I'm not concerned though because I haven't used any of my 40 yet. Mind you, I did nearly have a heart attack when I was scheduling a few things late on Sunday night to start Monday night. I scrolled down to see how many freebies I had left and being half asleep, I thought I had NONE of my 40 left. I just saw 0 and 40 and thought they were gone. Somehow my brain was seeing it as 40 and 0, where 40 is used and 0 is none left. whoops.gif

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

• The exclusions state: [for the 100 free listings]
  • Listings that automatically relist during the Promotion Period are not eligible for this promotion.
  • Do you accept the automatic free listings when you list items on this promotion?

I for one think the free lists come off the free listings we have left and then we have to pay insertion fees. 

maybe worth checking out as we hear so many conflicting views on this topic.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

It very much seems to be random.

I know that during one of the 100 free lisitngs promotions earlier this year, I and many others discovered that if any of our current listings happened to be due for one of the three free relists, they were taken off the 100. This time, I had items due for one of the 3 free relists in the promotion period, and they DIDN'T come off the 100.

And in other months, I am sure that if you hadn't used your 40 free monthly allowance BEFORE the promotion period for the 100 free listings, the monthly free lists disappeared. But this time, I still have my 40 free monthly listings available (on both selling IDs), even though I used all of the 100 free listings on both.

It just seems to be so inconsistent.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Promos always trump standard freebies.

ALWAYS. Including relists. ALWAYS

In my experience, anyway, and most others, I'll warrant.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply