The Way We Deal With Fraudulent Buyers Who Are Using Paypal To Steal

The good news is that 99.9 percent of our buyers are honest and so we don't want make all our buyers have to pay for Registered Post, when things rarely, if ever are lost within Australia. Recently, we have been ripped off buy 2 buyers who we know recieved items and then claimed through Paypal. The first buyer was new to Ebay and had hidden her feedback, so as to hide her activities. The second one is getting items sent to 2 addresses, one on Sri Lanka and one in Melbourne highrisers, where both she and her family overseas are defrauding sellers, 3 in the past month that we know of ... We did not register the items and so Paypal refunded them and we lost 30.00. Simple. That's the risk we take as Ebay sellers. But neither buyer gave us the Negative Feedback that they threatened, if we didn't refund them immediately. Why? Because we told them that we would be reporting them to Ebay, which we did. Enough reports and they're done stealing. 2. We looked for other sellers that they had defrauded on feedback pages ans informed that seller of our experience with the buyer. This gave that seller an opportunity to report them as well as block them. 3. We informed the buyer that when they left us Negative Feedback, that we would use our Reply option on our own pages, in order to alert other sellers to their activities. In both cases, the buyers found it better not to leave us any feedback. So while we were rippd off, at least we got no Neg. There is nothing more humiliating than being stolen from, and being left Negative Feedback from the thief. 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am not sure how the kudos thingy works but well done!

I have to say there is something inherently wrong wrong wrong with a system that allows thieves to further impact a Sellers business by leaving neg fb.....

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

SO, if as you say, none of your items were sent registered, just how do you know they were delivered? Whos to blame here for allowing such so-called fraudulent buyers to keep doing this then? Hidden feedback or bidding activity does not make a buyer dodgy but it definitely makes a seller look suspicious.We  sometimes get items sent to different addresses (both in Australia mind you) gifts to grandkids mostly, so does this make me a fraudulent buyer as well? If they did threaten to leave bad feedback that would have been reason enough for paypal to find in your favour, so why bend to their demands...

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I probably divide my purchases 50/50 between my Aus and UK addresses, I have had items that have not been delivered at both addresses, I have got my money back from Paypal on every occasion. This does NOT make me a scammer and I think your OP is disingenuous and defamatory.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply