The Words Carved Caving

Commencing today 12th March 2019, Ebay have made yet another huge blunder, Should you use the words Carved Caving in the title or Description you will get this Error, and it won't allow you to List

If you didn't follow our Animal and Wildlife Products policy in the past and continue to overlook our policy, then you won't be allowed to list any ivory-related inventory, including permitted bone products and other collectibles.{e56585-1042409x}

What's Stupid, you cannot list any item that has the words Carved Carving, I sell Carved Jade, Carved Beads, Carved Coral, Carved Stone Pendants and more, all legitimate items, but some idiot has added those words to the Search Bot that highlights Ivory or Protected Animals and Wildlife.

Tried to List a Carved Turqoise Stone Necklace, No Mention of the Word Ivory, but they told me that Turquoise is an Animal,

Ebay is getting ridiculous, making it too hard and takes so much time to list an item these days and to get it corrected on the Chat line, 55 minutes to reveal this why I couldn't list the Carved Turquoise Stone Necklace, First the original service operator, then to the Accounts Section, they didnt know, finally to the Dome section who revealed it was the word Carved.

The Phone app has huge problems, every time they correct one error they create two, there are 11 errors on the phone app that I know of at this time,

I am sick of going to the Chat Line to inform them of yet another error, which they don't fix correctly, why not ask the sellers, an Email contact line to quickly advise of errors, would benefit Ebay and the Sellers.

Ebay owns Gumtree no problems there, why???

Just over it

Cheers Cherylb8668
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: The Words Carved Caving

@springyzone wrote:

Good grief, is the word ivory actually banned then??Smiley Surprised

I assumed it couldn't possibly be as so many things eg wedding dresses, would be in either white or ivory. I suppose it could be changed to off white but if colour words are being banned it is getting a bit ridiculous.

And a listing for lesley Anne Off white wouldn't get the same amount of hits, I'm sure.Smiley Wink

It was a while ago, but the seller was VERY peeved because banning 'Ivory' seemed to be quite random when it came to the artist's name.  Consistency is far from eBay's watchword I guess.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Most are missing the point, its not the word Ivory that has been Banned but when using the words Carved or Carving in any category on any un-related item e.g " Carved Shou bead stone necklace" then the Wildlife Ivory error message comes up and you can't list it!!
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Get this, You have a beautiful Chippendale Mahogany table, with hand Carved legs, you would have to put Sculptured Legs, Ridiculous Right!, 110,000 items currently on ebay with the word Carved, there not Ivory nor Protected Animals, Wake up Ebay,
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply