The buyer has changed their mind

The buyer has changed their mind,  I received an email that said his son has bought him a new washing machine as a surprise. How do I deal with ebay regarding this transaction.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can open a Cancel Transaction Request.  At the right of the transaction in your Ebay Sold items,
you should be able to access REsolve  A Problem.

Open the Request, but make sure to click Buyer Changed Mind or bought by mistake, then submit.

Send the buyer an email, saying they will have to Click I Agree on the form that will be sent to them, to cancel the transaction.
Make it clear that this is the only way to clear it off the boards, and if they don't do it, ebay will continue to hassle them for payment.

Once they have done that your fees will be credited back to you.

If they don't answer within 4 days, open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Beat me to it. Just out of curiosity, did the buyer tell you how old his son was / is ? Not that it is important now, if you follow the prior procedure. It's just that, personally I think they have had a change of mind and the child didn't bid at all.  They did. I find it difficult to  think that a child can go into ebay and place a bid and then commit to purchase etc. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Not sure what OP you are reading horizon but you've got the wrong end of the stick in this thread.

As sueken posted OP send a cancellation request making sure to tick buyer changed mind.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Why assume the 'son' is a child - ie. no mention of a child bidding.

Son may have gone to Hardly Normal for his Dad.

Given - the buyer wants to cancel the transaction for whatever reason - you could direct them to the 'cancel transaction' button - you are the one that is going to have to agree.

Fine - no 'defects'.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Why assume the 'son' is a child - ie. no mention of a child bidding.

Son may have gone to Hardly Normal for his Dad.

Given - the buyer wants to cancel the transaction for whatever reason - you could direct them to the 'cancel transaction' button - you are the one that is going to have to agree.

Fine - no 'defects'.

The seller has to initiate the cancellation.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Sounds like someone got their dad a washing machine for Father's Day! Bad Luck! Do as they say above.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply