The buyer requested a return

Info from the buyer

Reason

Doesn't seem authentic

Comments

There is no expiry date on the bottle, so do not think it is safe to use. Thank you

Is there any chance I can change this around  so I dont have to pay for the return

I replied with below when i got home and have heard nothing back for days Any suggestions would be grateful please

Doesn't seem authentic What is meant by that? This product comes from the sole supplier made in the USA. This product is not a Chinese knock off. Sensuva would be hot on them as Lelo was. The product came on to the market September 2015 and I have been selling since July 2016 after selling it at parties with wonderful feedback. I actually only sell things that are believe are good. My latest order was purchased October 2016 so is what I deem as fresh stock. The bottles dont display an expiry date as this product is not edible and does not need to display by USA guidelines which are quite stringent. It is a all-natural and body-safe product. I sell various such products and none have expiry dates, as i have checked them all since seeing this request. This one is one of my favourites and Sensuva is a highly respected company in the USA. My listing doesnt display a expiry because there is not one to display and if you want a product of any type to display one before you decide to use it would be appreciated if you actually contacted the seller to ask if the purchase you wish to make has one stamped on it for you. Not all products need or have to be stamped with an expiry. This product has only been available for what is classed a short time in the health and sexual industry. I have my invoice from the supplier to attain when the stock was purchased which was ordered 6/10/2016 if you would like me to upload a copy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Before you accept the return, (which you would then have to pay return postage) ring eBay and explain this to them. Upload the invoice to the Return Request so that eBay can see it. Did you contact the buyer via the dispute or My Messages? If via My Messages copy and paste it into the dispute comments in the Resolution Centre so eBay can see it (although if it's in My Msgs they can see but saves mucking around).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The buyer is basically claiming the item is a fake.   She should not win a dispute without producing a letter on letterhead paper from an authorised third party stating that it is not a genuine item.

Do not accept the return...wait for her to produce proof that the item is a fake.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The buyer is basically claiming the item is a fake.   She should not win a dispute without producing a letter on letterhead paper from an authorised third party stating that it is not a genuine item.

Do not accept the return...wait for her to produce proof that the item is a fake.

From what I've seen on these boards (and over on the Facebook seller forum) that in such cases where the buyer claims the item is fake ebay pretty much believe what the buyer says (given their heavy bias towards buyers) and the onus therefore will fall to the seller to prove that the item is NOT fake and that they have the appropriate licences to sell in place.

Selling brand name items could also fall under the VERO program if indeed the manufacturer/rights owner is registered for that.

I don't know much about Australian rules re having expiry dates on products but I would think that what the OP says about non-food items not being required to display them sounds very reasonable.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The buyer has to get the letter of authenticity. I bought was supposed to be MAC makeup, turns out it was fake but I had to produce a letter. I contacted MAC via email who confirmed it was fake and received a refund.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply