The feedback system is broken.

The feedback system is broken. Buyers are able to leave frivolous comments over petty claims. I received a negative comment over a $5 sale. I offered the buyer a full refund which he refused stating it wasn't worth his time returning the item. In this instance I beleive the buyer was being unreasonable as the item may not have been properly applied. This negative feedback refects badly on my feedback score and most likely deters buyers. Ebays main concern is the bottomline so I surprised they have made it so easy to leave such comments.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunatly thats the way it is. There are some folks out there who just dont get it and seem to enjoy leaving negs for stupid reasons ! I got a neutral the other day (Different account) with the only comment being ' . ' ...got me fluffed what they mean.

Just grin an bear it ..... it will drop off in 12 months. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

We have had 2 negative feedbacks removed in the past 2 days...Buyer in one instance left feedback saying the item was fake even though it came directly from a record company to us and on to him....Same issue offered him a refund he refused now is trying to claim a return after his feedback was removed. We will see how that one turns out.

Second one never paid for the item after his paypal payment went in and was returned by paypal immediately. Contacted the chat segement and they also removed this as the comment was basically a lie where he said he had paid and never received it.

I think ebay are starting to realize they will lose sellers going forward on the current system. Was very happy with the outcome of the above mentioned ones. Doesn't hurt to speak to someone if you follow all the right steps.

All I want to see now is the guy on the latter banned. His attitude towards us was a disgrace!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I believe that if a buyer is offered (and/or) given a full refund they should not be able to leave neg/neutral feedback.

This will never happen and sellers are penalised for their every mistake (including being rated/penalised on third parties eg late Australia Post delivery).

However the eBay site is so full of recurring glitches but eBay don't seem particularly interested in fixing their own ineptitudes (just working out ways to further penalise sellers) and get even more fees than they alrealy leech -such as the extra 2% FVF for below standard sellers.

The feedback system doesn't allow for sellers to honestly rate buyers so it is hardly 'feedback'.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

I believe that if a buyer is offered (and/or) given a full refund they should not be able to leave neg/neutral feedback.

This will never happen and sellers are penalised for their every mistake (including being rated/penalised on third parties eg late Australia Post delivery). 

Oh rubbish!  There are some very poor sellers out there who other potential buyers need to be warned about regardless of how an issue is resolved and whether or not a full refund is received.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply