The new eBay :(

I just sold 3 items to one person.  I cannot combine the postage (YES - I have it selected), the customer does not seem to be able to check out.  Yes, I did give eBay my account and driver's license number.    Fortunately, she is a return customer and is happy to pay by direct deposit.  But i am just about to cancel my selling account - once appropriate time after my last transaction lapses.  

i just wonder how is everybody else finding it. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Personally, I think it's a significant step back from what they already had.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Now, they blocked my eBay message where I gave the customer my banking details!!!!  Fortunately, I managed to get her email, and so she can pay.  I spent most of the day trying to work things out and as I was not able to I have cancelled all my other listings, and there popped up message that the listing fee will be issued next month.   I thought that we still had certain number free? 

This means end of  eBay as we know it; it will be just site for cheap junk.,  I am closing my selling account, as soon as it is allowed.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

What a load of BS!! I have encountered all this and more.....our sites are not ours anymore....ebay need to wake up to themselves....leave sellers alone to do their own thing!

They are trying to dictate what & when we do things....I take them on....ALL THE TIME.....good luck with whatever you decide to do

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I had decided to give up selling due to the New Managed Payment system... then I though, well maybe;

But after reading yours and others experiences, looks like I made the right decision... I'm definitely Out.

Best wishes all.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know about the rest of it with MP, but there has been on going issues with being able to combine items with sellers that are on it.

Most sellers affected are advising buyers to purchase and then the seller will refund the excess post - but pretty sure you will be paying fees on the full postage cost etc.

AFAIK eBay are most certainlly aware of it, in the US the tech advice is they are trying to fix, whether anything is done is yet to be seen.

They are currently rolling out another wave of MP and also beginning the Chinese roll out, so these glitches keep happening and if they don't get a handle on it soon, sellers are going to give up I have no doubt.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I have noticed that some of my favourite sellers now have 0 listings, and I think I know why...  😞

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply