The new store design is horrendous

I get that they're trying to imitate that other site, but they've done it in the worst possible way. I went to the trouble of making categories for my store so that people could easily find my items, but now these are buried in a drop-down box (with only the first category visible), there seems to be no way to sort items from the initial store page as before (please correct me if I'm wrong), my store description, which contains important information about updates, etc has been shoved over to the right-hand side, and all of my images look like they were cropped by the 3 year old next door and have a not-at-all-appealing grey tint.

Quite obviously, the people on the eBay ad are ACTUALLY the people who designed it, except that in addition to noise-cancelling headphones they are also wearing eye masks and cannot see how hideous and terrible it is.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: The new store design is horrendous

I checked some random sellers (again), and yes, categories are still all over the place.

Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

My categories all line up fine

Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

do you have a store?

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

Yes

Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

dtcomau
Community Member

Besides being awful in functionality, and I told them so in their feedback (twice) I was so annoyed with it.

Anyone else noticed that all the store category links from say your listing pages only go to the main store page and do not show the category anymore?  This is the most annoying thing for me.  You see these links when you have the store template put the categories down the left side of the product page or when you embed them yourself (as I do). ie "Click here to see other items in this category."

I spoke to CS about it and they don't even understand the problem. (not surprising).

Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

Nope,  mine still show the categories

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

Try this, look at an item on ANY random store on eBay that shows their "categories" down the left hand side.  Now click on one of those categories.  You'll be taken to the store home page (not the category you picked).

Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

None of my categories show on listing pages 😞 These are essential for a shop like mine, and buyers can only access them through the home page in a stupid hamburger style menu that doesn't function like hamburger menus are supposed to, which means lots of clicking back - if they know they need to navigate back in order to access the things they want. Forward navigation is intuitive, backward navigation is, well, backwards. 

"See other items" works fine, store navigation / experience - 0/10. 

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

my categories are only alphabetical (correct) when I click on 'shop by category' when entering store....after that, customers have buckley's chance of finding anything. I think this might be the new way and the categories on the left-hand side (in blue) will disappear

Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

works fine for me

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply