The price of a 500grm parcel please

goldeagle1970
Community Member

I know satchels are 8.50 FOR THE 500 GRM. But couldn't  find on the AP site any parcel prices.

If I use my own packaging and stamps, how much for the 500grm parcel. Normal post.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: The price of a 500grm parcel please

$7.60 for under 500g

Edit: Please don't use stamps for parcels. You'll have no tracking and leave yourself wide open for scam buyers to say their parcel didn't arrive. Go into the post office and post it over the counter so you get tracking.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

$7.60 for under 500g

Edit: Please don't use stamps for parcels. You'll have no tracking and leave yourself wide open for scam buyers to say their parcel didn't arrive. Go into the post office and post it over the counter so you get tracking.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you Tippy
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I was editing my post when you read it, please read the edit.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

DSCN3271.JPG

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I live in the country , Tippy, our store is not computerized, only go to the city once a week. I normally only send letter rate boxes. But have found a product thats too fat. So working on it. Mainly for another site and bank deposit. Repeat customers. Ebay would be satchels, although not selling them on here, as yet . I must admit over the years I have been lucky. Going on holidays, and going to have a big thing about Ebay, as its pretty poor over my 3 sites. The postage is the enemy, now more gst fees.
Thanks again.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Actually you can use stamps on parcels, just make sure you still hand it in at the post office and they will print a Parcel Post label with the tracking number included. The label can be anything from $0.00 (if you had exactly $7.60 worth of stamps) or it can have the remainder e.g. 60 cents if you used $7 worth of stamps on the parcel, which you will have to pay for at the counter of course. The only stamps which aren't allowed to be used on parcels are concession ones, they must be normal ones.

My post office also tends to use stamps when they are overstocked with them - when they still had the 70c stamps just before the $1 ones came into effect they were putting them on everything just to get rid of them.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I think I will stick to the satchels at the store, and stamps when I go to town. But will start to buy satchels in Bulk again. Like those 1kg ones.
But my store doesn't even have those . Get myself organized.
Now I know this product sells okay. Buy my bubble bags and 16mm letter rate boxes here on Ebay by the 100. Good deals from a certain seller.
Thanks for the info.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I still wouldn't put stamps on a parcel, unless they're ULTRA boring ones. I've been told a lot of parcels get stolen just for the stamps on them.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply