The "Good till Cancelled" fiasco has begun for me.

I am a non store owner. Yesterday I had 40 free listings. Today I have 39 yet I have not listed anything. One of my sales came to an end and now sits at the bottom of the listings with a "relist item" button, which informs me that "this item didn't automatically reslist".

Investigating and getting the item number for the so-called used free listing, brings up this very item, which tells me that the item is relisted with "good till cancelled" Doing a general search for it, and yes, it is indeed relisted, but does not show as such in my items for sale. I wonder what would happen if I went to relist this item from my sales list and if it would then show as another free listing used. I have not received any email from eBay regarding these changes, nothing at all.

Your thoughts please.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

I just noticed that I cannot now list a "Buy It Now" item and have it as a duration of 30 days. There is only the option of "good til cancelled". Reading the small print it says that it will renew every 30 days and an insertion fee will be charged. I had no notification of this. I sell some small value items that take a while to sell. It is not worth me paying insertion fees. This change is something that has not been publicised. 

Message 2 of 98
Latest reply

There was a notification - ebay announced this in the eBay for Business update email on 4 Feb 2019.  I received it for every single account, which I have quite a few.

The title of the email was " <<your account name>> here's your Listing Health Check" - see if it's in your junk mail maybe?

Message 3 of 98
Latest reply

There should be no insertion fee if you have free listings, unless they are going to do away with free listings also. It wouldn't surprise me.  It seems likely eBay Sellers will be severely limiting their number of listings, meaning fewer sales for Sellers and less fees for eBay. I can't understand eBay's logic, unless it is that they wish to make less money.

Message 4 of 98
Latest reply

No, double no, did a thorough search everywhere, definitely no email.

Message 5 of 98
Latest reply

I also saw a lot of posts mentioning "health check" and was very puzzled as first I had heard about it, and wondered where others had read it.

Message 6 of 98
Latest reply

My email from ebay "health check" was on 2 Feb:

All Fixed-Price Listings Moving to Good
โ€˜Til Cancelled

Weโ€™re moving all fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled. That means short-duration options wonโ€™t be available for new fixed-price listings from 19 February. This is to create a better shopping experience, retain sales history, and secure more of what your buyers love on-site.

Weโ€™ll automatically convert your current short-duration, fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled, where youโ€™ve scheduled them to relist. You wonโ€™t pay any insertion or renewal fees for these listings, and can choose to end them at any time.

Make sure to keep an eye on your total listings.

Find out more about listing duration and timings   โž”

Message 7 of 98
Latest reply

Yes, I have read all about the changes in great detail, but it doesn't answer of solve my problem. I have tried to relist the item that has dropped off the end of my for sales list, that tells me to "relist", and all I get is an error message to tell me I cannot relist, because I have opted to automatically relist.  So the item is not in my list of items for sale, but I can search for it and find it, but cannot even put it in my watched list, because obviously I am the seller and I don't have that option. So how on earth am I going to know if it sells, and how if I do know, do I get the buyers details or print a postage label, as I do not have these options on this listing.  I guess only thing to do is to contact eBay and judging by all the conflicting answers given to others already regarding GUC listings, I don't like my chances of getting any postitive results.

Message 8 of 98
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

There should be no insertion fee if you have free listings, unless they are going to do away with free listings also. It wouldn't surprise me.  It seems likely eBay Sellers will be severely limiting their number of listings, meaning fewer sales for Sellers and less fees for eBay. I can't understand eBay's logic, unless it is that they wish to make less money.

I've been puzzling about this too. What is the advantage to ebay? I am one of those people who has drastically reduced my number of items for sale (from around 450 to 40) so my thinking is that I will no doubt sell less, and so make less money for ebay in fees. It defies logic. 

Message 9 of 98
Latest reply

Yeah something has changed in the last day or so for me also.  I've just tried to edit a 30-day listing I created a couple of weeks ago, but it won't allow any changes and is giving the error message:

"The duration "30" day(s) isn't available for this listing type, or invalid for category XXXXX"

So while changing over their listing options it seems that eBay has stuffed up existing listings.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 98
Latest reply