The "Wheres my sorry?" Thread

Just a bit of humor for us sellers of the back of my venting thread of the weekends happenings.

I have a story of a buyer who bought an item, received the item, then sent me a very rude message telling me that I had sent the wrong item. O.k. I instantly appologised and asked him for more info. As thats all he said. I sent the wrong item!!! With a NOT F@*king HAPPY! before it.

All I got ni the reply was, you sent me the seal for a differnet motor. Again, I asked for the part number on the item and a picture of the item next to what he wants.

He did, and yes the two items were different. But. It was the right item to what he ordered. I explained this to him, and he then said that its not explained in my description. I then went on an took a screen shot of the item description, circled in red where it is explained and forwarded it to him.

All was quiet for a day, then the response was "I suppose you wont take the wrong one back then!!!' With the !!! on the end of his message too.

I said yes, providing the item and box is in good shape and is in resalable conditon. I also went on and said I will sell the correct item to him and a 25% discounted price for his troubles, even though I didn't have too, I was a lot kinder back in the day. Lol.

So he bought the new item at the discounted price and I never heard from him again.

So. Not even a sorry or even a thank you for discounting the second item. Sheesh!

I can wait now until its over. I can for see more negs coming my way for pointing out the obvious to customers instead of being polite. Haha!

Coffee time!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Its like FEEDING  STRAWBERRIES TO PIGS ...they just dont appreciate it

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

As far as I am concerned, you were way too reasonable. I would not have offered a cent discount on the correct item.

One thing I have found in life is a lot of people are ungrateful. They don't like to be shown up as being in the wrong or needing any help and instead of a thanks, you get a snap or else nothing. Some others even take it as their due.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

As far as I am concerned, you were way too reasonable. I would not have offered a cent discount on the correct item.

One thing I have found in life is a lot of people are ungrateful. They don't like to be shown up as being in the wrong or needing any help and instead of a thanks, you get a snap or else nothing. Some others even take it as their due.

Yes I was reasonable, but thats how I was brought up and trained when first selling over the counter all those years back. I was taught to always agree and smile to the customer no matter what. But back then things were different. They have changed, and so I have to change with it.

SO FECKร‰M ALL!!!!!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I had a buyer recently buy a TV Series DVD.  On receipt emailed me that I had sent her a faulty DVD as it had the wrong series on it.  She them immediately opened a Paypal dispute.  What she didn't realise was that often different countries have slightly different episodes, or not all the episodes in a series.  I carefully scanned the back cover,showing the episodes present and and a copy of my description which listed the exact same episodes.  She had either seen a UK version of the DVD or was taking it from IMDB both of which had a couple of different episodes to the Australian version.  Paypal correctly ruled in my favour.  She lost it, claimed I rude, evil, etc, etc and would never deal with me again.

The best bit was she was a barrister and I don't think she could cope with mere morals catching her out on a silly mistake.  The series was Judge John Deed, I'm sure even Judge Deed would have ruled in my favour.  Sometimes justice triumphs.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I have only one word to say, CERISE

Will only mean something to the oldtimers but boy was that one entertaining!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I have only one word to say, CERISE

Will only mean something to the oldtimers but boy was that one entertaining!

I remember it well PJ.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

The best bit was she was a barrister and I don't think she could cope with mere morals catching her out on a silly mistake.  The series was Judge John Deed, I'm sure even Judge Deed would have ruled in my favour.  Sometimes justice triumphs.

I remember when I bought the Judge John Deed series from the UK (before it was ever shown in Australia) I found out that one or two episodes were never on the DVD as they were withdrawn before they were screened in the UK (legal reasons I believe).

It was not difficult to find the information. 

If I could find it I am surprised a barrister could not.Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@northern_4x4 wrote:

Just a bit of humor for us sellers of the back of my venting thread of the weekends happenings.

I have a story of a buyer who bought an item, received the item, then sent me a very rude message telling me that I had sent the wrong item. O.k. I instantly appologised and asked him for more info. As thats all he said. I sent the wrong item!!! With a NOT F@*king HAPPY! before it.

"Not happy!!!!!" is the new (or at least, the eBay Australia version of) "the customer is always right",  which some people seem to throw out there as if it's some kind of magical, abra cadabra phrase that works like the proverbial rub on the genie lamp and all their wishes are the seller's command. 

If it's not clear, this is my way of letting any buyers out there who have used this phrase, that I (and many other sellers I know) find it difficult to take you seriously if this phrase is in your message. More particularly as a standalone sentence, with or without 50 exclamation marks. Woman Embarassed

(I have to put at least some of the blame on select sellers  / retailers, though - the customer is always right was an advertising slogan that took on a life of its own, and so is / was 'not happy', i.e. aside from the Yellow Pages reference, which I am wont to use Smiley LOL I'm sure we've all seen something like "Not happy? Let us know and we'll make it right", so the logical step is "Not happy. Whatcha gonna do about it, huh?). >_> 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe I am just too nice. I just remembered before, that someone returned an item, low cost, but did not send it via registered post and low and behold, it got lost. I told them notihng had arrived but will keep an eye out. Nothing ever did and they seems pretty distressed about the whole situation, I told them they should have sent it back via registered post but they didnt want to spend the money doing it. As the item was under $20.
This was two months ago, nearly three. I let it go to see what they would do, as my suspicions were telling me they just want something for free. Its a bad suspicion I have to think this but over the last few years I just cant help it.
The customer was still asking about it three month later. I gave in and refunded them their money.
Not even a thank you for it. So they are now on my block list.

I had someone last week actually ask why they are on my block list as they were trying to purchase something. I keep a book with all the users that are blocked with a note to why.
I ask the buyer to remember back 2 years ago when they tried to fool me into thinking they never received their item, even though it had signature on delivery, and the item was signed for, by yourself, but you said it wasn't you and it must of been a house mate? Then I got the police involved and you went all quite?
This is why I blocked you!
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply