This is really annoying - to say the least!!!

5kazam
Community Member

Went to bulk re-list 105 items.  Most can be relised except 19, 'cos I had selected 'automatic relist' about a month (6 weeks?) ago.   Relisted what I could, and thought I would individually relist the other 19....which became 22 (!!??).

So went to do the 1 by 1 relist - (in red) 'you can't relist as you have selected 'automatic relist'.  Okay, so let's do an automatic relist (even though that wasn't a prefered option).  Still no go.  

What the heck is going on.

It seems I can't relist 19 (22) items because a month ago (actually probably about 6 weeks, since the last free listing offer) I selected that option.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this current problem - without having to ring e-Bay, I would like to keep what little bit of sanity I have left, intact.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: This is really annoying - to say the least!!!

The thing is, if an item appears 4 times in the Relisted section of the Unsolds, it means it didn't sell and I may want to relist it some time in the future. Rather than starting from scratch to make the listing, like when they give you 150 free listings to be done in 3 or 4 days, it is much less work to use Sell Similar than start again. There have been times when I didn't reach the 150 free lsitings, simply because I ran out of time. But if the listing is already there, with photos uploaded, then I can get to the 150 in the allotted time.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:
 As I certainly won't be using the 3 relists again I will soon get my Unsold page back to its normal, organised position.

Why won't you use the three free relists again?

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Refer to my post 15.
Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

You mean this?

Apart from the fact that not too many items were actually sold on the re-lists

I actually found that the longer items were listed, the more likely they sold. I had a number of items sell from one of the relists.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

I think it depends on what you are selling.

My category is Australian Pottery - and I feel that it can be a case of same'ol, same'ol in your face all the time.  I tend to find new homes for a lot more pieces when I give things a bit of a break.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

The thing is, if an item appears 4 times in the Relisted section of the Unsolds, it means it didn't sell and I may want to relist it some time in the future. Rather than starting from scratch to make the listing, like when they give you 150 free listings to be done in 3 or 4 days, it is much less work to use Sell Similar than start again. There have been times when I didn't reach the 150 free lsitings, simply because I ran out of time. But if the listing is already there, with photos uploaded, then I can get to the 150 in the allotted time.

When I looked at my unsold section, the ones that hadn't been relisted were sitting under the Not Yet Relisted in the drop down. Their previous relistings were under the Relisted section as they had been relisted. Some appeared there more than 10 times.

When my 3 free relists have been used, they line up under the Not Yet Relisted section. I can delete all my previous relisted items as they are no longer needed. I only need to know about the ones that didn't relist automatically the last time, so I can either relist using the relist option, or relist using the sell similar option.

If I have the 'All' option open, then they are all there together, both the relisted items and the ones that haven't been relisted again due to the 3 free reslists being used. I currently have 3 items under the Not Yet Relisted heading and 700+ under the Relisted heading. 

Try changing the drop down to Not Yet Relisted and you will only see the ones that currently haven't been relisted. Anything in the Relisted section is irrelevant because if it doesn't sell and it's not automatically relisted, it will then appear under the Not Yet Relisted page.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Having now looked at what you sell, I can understand your viewpoint. They really are quite distinctive pieces, and some of them are so beautiful.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you for saying that - you've just made my day!!

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

I've sorted the unsolds (751) into NYR (104 items) and relisted (647).

You said:

>>When my 3 free relists have been used, they line up under the Not Yet Relisted section. <<

>>Anything in the Relisted section is irrelevant because if it doesn't sell and it's not automatically relisted, it will then appear under the Not Yet Relisted page.<<

Are you saying to just go ahead and delete all the relisted that are sitting in Unsold?

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

You don't necessarily have to delete them, but if you leave the dropdown set to Not Yet Relisted, you will only see the ones that haven't been relisted, either manually or automatically. You never have to look at the relisted ones if you don't want to. I have left mine there, for no other reason than I can't be bothered getting rid of them.

Once you relist one of the unsolds in the not yet relisted section, it will automatically move to the relisted section. If it doesn't sell and doesn't relist again, a copy will be placed back in the not yet relisted section. Even during the 3 free auto relists, between the time the item ends and the time it is automatically relisted, it will sit in the not yet relisted section for the few minutes it takes to relist itself.

If I'm in the process of listing, I either check the not sold email to see whether it's due to relist, or I just wait 15 minutes or so before manually relisting it.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply