This listing would cause you to exceed the amount you can list

Can anybody explain why I'm getting this error?

I'm trying to sell something for $450 while I haven't sold anything for over a year, yet it's telling me I've exceeded my monthly limit of $3000 in sales or 150 items. I don't think I've owned 150 items in my life.

Is there any reason this is happening? I've always been great as both a buyer and a seller, and have 100% positive feedback.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As you have not sold for over a year, ebay will consider you to be a new seller, a 21 day hold on funds will more than likely apply, and while it does not correspond with your ebay error message, ebay is now restricting new sellers to something silly, like 1 listing with a value limit of $10.

You would be best of contacting ebay via live chat, to verify and or request a limit increase.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Possibly being friday, eBay site maintenance day.

Try again in a few hours or tomorrow.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As you have not sold for over a year, ebay will consider you to be a new seller, a 21 day hold on funds will more than likely apply, and while it does not correspond with your ebay error message, ebay is now restricting new sellers to something silly, like 1 listing with a value limit of $10.

You would be best of contacting ebay via live chat, to verify and or request a limit increase.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply