To send or not to send?

An item I've sold  is marked 'Payment initiated' in my eBay account but doesn't show in  my PayPal account even though PayPal sent an email saying it had been paid for. . Is it safe to send it now or should I advise the buyer pf the situation?

TIA

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To send or not to send?

If it has the $ sign partially blacked in then it will be a payment by credit card through Paypal which will take a few business days to clear. Don't post until it shows as a cleared payment.

You could message the buyer and tell them you will send as soon as the payment clears.

Edit. Slow again Kopes..............sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

To send or not to send?

Wait until it appears in PayPal and don't send if it is pending. Buyer may have used an e-cheque.

Only send when payment is cleared into PayPal.

If you are a new seller then you will have a 21 day hold on funds in PayPal.

But that is different to a pending payment.

Once cleared you send the item and you will need to wait 21 days before the funds can be accessed if you have the new seller limits.

Edit - Just checked and it appears you don't have new seller limits.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

If it has the $ sign partially blacked in then it will be a payment by credit card through Paypal which will take a few business days to clear. Don't post until it shows as a cleared payment.

You could message the buyer and tell them you will send as soon as the payment clears.

Edit. Slow again Kopes..............sigh.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

Well, you sandgropers ARE a couple of hours behind. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Well, you sandgropers ARE a couple of hours behind. Smiley Very Happy

It gives us time to do important things until we have to grapple with youse Eastern Staters Kopes............

Spoiler
.....did you notice how my answer turned a beautiful lime-green colour ????

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

When payment is made you should see a message at the top of your sold items, saying "paid, send now". I get this every time I sell something. I have also had the message saying "payment pending, do not send" Do you have either of those messages under your "sold items" list? Do not trust emails that say the item is paid, there is a scam like this, where a buyer sends a fake email (supposedly) from Paypal to try to trick you into sending the item. DO NOT SEND unless you get the previous message from ebay which says SEND NOW.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

Also, if you hover over the icons at the right side of the item under your sold items, the paid one will be greyed out (if it is paid) and will tell you so when you hover your mouse over it.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

Seems there's always someone out get you,doesn't it? Reading posts on this site is enough to put one off eBay with all the horror tales of dodgy buyers. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

To send or not to send?

And the buyers here (both dodgy and non dodgy) can see how dodgy sellers operate and can avoid them like the plague.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply