Tracked items going missing around similar timeline Scam or coincidence?

Hi,

Just had two transactions open up with buyers saying they havent received item. One was an overseas transaction, the other a local based buyer. Both items have clear tracking history, yet remain in "limbo". It's strange that we receieved these messages in a 24 hr period, both have been missing for a 4-6 week period. Do buyers "scam" sellers due to items not being scanned by postal companies? I have other items where there is no final "delivered" messege on the tracking history. One of the buyers had the gall to tell us Australia Post told them that the item may not have been sent, when there is clear tracking history which would have been in front of the Aust Post rep. This is really weird, we very rarely get missing items and sure the cv19 stuff has slowed down shipping times... You'd think having a tracking number this wouldnt happen..and does Paypal cover sellers if you've posted the item correctly ie: there is a clear Australia Post tracking history and they go missing?. Thanks...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Tracked items going missing around similar timeline Scam or coincidence?

@knewdoors wrote:

Hi,

Just had two transactions open up with buyers saying they havent received item. One was an overseas transaction, the other a local based buyer. Both items have clear tracking history, yet remain in "limbo". It's strange that we receieved these messages in a 24 hr period, both have been missing for a 4-6 week period. Do buyers "scam" sellers due to items not being scanned by postal companies? I have other items where there is no final "delivered" messege on the tracking history. One of the buyers had the gall to tell us Australia Post told them that the item may not have been sent, when there is clear tracking history which would have been in front of the Aust Post rep. This is really weird, we very rarely get missing items and sure the cv19 stuff has slowed down shipping times... You'd think having a tracking number this wouldnt happen..and does Paypal cover sellers if you've posted the item correctly ie: there is a clear Australia Post tracking history and they go missing?. Thanks...

Have you yourself contacted Australia Post?

You need to lodge a lost item thingy with Australia Post

Also you can put in a claim with Australia Post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

will do monday...thank you appreciate it...

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

yeh I have  reg. post international item to us, which tracking clearly shows has been at san fran since 14 aug, hasn't moved. us buyer opened a case. I took screen shots of the tracking but can't see how to attach a photo to the opened dispute.  as in won't save as a jpeg any advise.

reversing it, when I have ordered from the US both items took 2 months wait. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Here we go again. Buyers and sellers shipping overseas during a pandemic thinking the world is the same ?

Australia Post is not the only mail carrier in overload. Every countries mail service is in the same boat, global logistics are not the same speed as 12 months ago.

You are not being SCAMMED ! There are delays everywhere in the world. Sell and ship internationally at your peril during PANDEMICS.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

the world still has to continue.

OP is only asking for advice. I found the reminder to lodge a claim with AP helpful (had forgotten the obvious)

IMO if ebay finds in my buyers favour despite tracking showing where is I won't sell int. anymore. and have made many of my items local only because it is harder more stressful and time consuming

as an aside - plenty of Aus. scammers out there to keep us busy (sadly) 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Just a tip read up on the new ebay seller rules esp the tracking section part.   If ya can start the ball rounding but drag ya feet till 1st oct.   then it ebay problem.   Where ya covered without being out of pocket as ebay are going to cover any missing item that has clear tracking history...   So no need to mess around chasing AP or couriers etc..

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

interesting comment!  I looked it at it the other way, that you had to fork out more for postage (or make your post less enticing with extra cost to buyers for post) because of tracking.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Royal Mail has been shutting centres down to Covid-19 and holding onto mail and releasing it once a deep clean has been carried out.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I find that sending a friendly PM to Aus Post via their Facebok page has worked better and is much quicker than lodging a formal case.

Not sure what your handling time is, but mine is currently pushed out to about 15 days to allow for post delays (even though I usually post next business day).

I have stopped selling overseas for now - it's just too stressful with all the delays going on.

Don't forget that all parcels come with up to $100 coverage now, so if you have to refund the buyers, you should be able to make a claim.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply