Trouble with payouts .

Anyone else having trouble with payouts ? . At the moment ebay are withholding payments for 4  + weeks on items sold . This amounts currently to 7000 + . They take there money out but are not paying me for 4 plus weeks . I'm losing interest  here . 

The latest excuse is a problem with my bank , the account is verified and has been in use for the last 20 years . I find it hard to believe its the bank? The problem has arisen with this new payout  system they have  employed.  For every enquiry I've made i get a different answer .

The latest i need to open a new bank account to overcome this problem . Abig brother approach? .

Ebay as a company has become dysfunctional and reading the community postings it become more blatant that there concern is not the customer or the seller but profit .

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Trouble with payouts .

If you're registered as anything other than a sole trader/individual, then that might be the issue. Those with Trusts, Partnerships etc, are having issues.

Is your MP set up properly? I know that there have also been some issues if the details you send through do not match exactly with what you registered with (ie: a shortening of your name).

Did you take a break from selling and then start again in October? There could be a rolling hold because you're selling very high priced merchandise, so ebay will want to make sure that not only have you sent with tracking within your handling time, but that there are no disputes and chargebacks opened for several days after the item is delivered.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

About a month ago, I received an email from ebay saying a local buyer had not received his item.  Unfortunately, although I posted that the item had been sent two weeks previously, I forgot to include the tracking number.  However, I set out the details of the purchase, including that it had a sticker with my return address on the small package and the date it was sent.  The buyer's address was a parcel locker, which immediately set off alarm bells for me.  I suggested before I refund him, he check his parcel locker for his item.  Sure enough, within 18 hours, the buyer responded that his item had arrived.  I requested that he remove his complaint to ebay, which he did.  I think the buyer had possibly forgotten that his ebay address was a parcel locker and not his home address.  I thought all would now be well.  Not so.

I have since sold two more items and on both occasions ebay has withheld my payout until delivery.  The first item was delivered within two days, but the second item was ordered close to Christmas so will probably not arrive until mid-January.

My issue is - why should I have to wait for a payout when I need the money for postage?  I have been selling on ebay for 10 years and have never had this problem before.  I am also quite angry at the buyer who lodged the non-delivery complaint without first just emailing me.

For how long is ebay allowed to keep withholding funds?

Any clues as to how resolve this?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

You probably would have been close to having the holds lifted if the buyer hadn't opened a dispute for non-delivery.

In future ALWAYS upload the tracking and that may mitigate the problem.

eBay still sees you as an "infrequent seller", hence the holds on your funds despite you having been a seller for 10 years.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The held funds have only been since this buyer opened a case about a month ago.

Prior to that, I had never had funds held.

I always upload a tracking number - this is the one time I didn't!

"eBay still sees you as an "infrequent seller", hence the holds on your funds despite you having been a seller for 10 years."  How?  The hold on my funds is only the last three sales!!!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No idea 'how'

Same rules apply to all infrequent sellers, so I don't know how you managed to avoid that until recently 

Or if the dispute is actually the reason for it now, OR if the dispute alerted eBay to the fact holds had not been happening prior when they should have been

Other members don't make the policies and we're not about to fail to address one of the most basic ones 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I don't understand this statement - "Other members don't make the policies and we're not about to fail to address one of the most basic ones".

I don't understand why, even if I am an "infrequent seller", why ebay feels entitled to withhold my funds.

My question is - when are they going to stop holding my funds?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@bellabelinda2000 wrote:

My question is - when are they going to stop holding my funds?

Read the link to the policy below. I will say though that I've seen "infrequent sellers" with a lot more sales than you in 12 months that still have their funds on hold.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for the link, but I had already read it.

Still doesn't tell me when my funds will stop being held.

I find it incredible that I have to put up with this because ONE BUYER in 10 years made a complaint and I have 100% positive feedback.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

bellabelinda2000, you should already be aware of the relevant eBay Help pages. Read both of the above; in particular the second link  explains that eBay takes mitigating action against fraud, money laundering, buyer risk, etc, and that it includes payment holds.

Your funds will no longer be held if you sell regularly at a sufficient volume not to slip back into “infrequent” status, and follow all of the other requirements outlined on that help page.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply