Trying to change password - up to 19th attempt!!

Woman FrustratedI have been attempting to change my password - up to the NINETEENTH attempt, with long totally different passwords - every attempt comes up with message saying 'too easy'. Not going to give examples, but passwords I am attempting are totally completely unusual, and with all the prompts they want. Even used half words, words backwards, numbers in between, caps in between, can't get anything to work!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A good format for today's hacker-friendly world is to combine a mid-length word with a shift character and then some numbers and another letter or two, eg:

Cargo!619va

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay always says your password is too easy.

If you are happy that it is an acceptable level of protection go ahead and use it.

I had a password on my internet banking that the bank considered to be good....when I changed it I recycled that password to ebay and was told it was too easy.  I prefer my bank's assessment of the security level to ebays any day.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

another of ebays many little problems

someone in the ebay think tank thought it would be funny telling password changers every password they put in was too easy.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I'll use complete words, but change some letters to numbers. One example might be, instead of writing doorway, I'll write "d00rw4y" (not one of my passwords, just using a random word that would work using this method). For an E you could use a 3. For an S you could use a 5. A T you could use a 7. An L you could use a number 1. That's worked for me and not had any issues with anyone saying they are too easy.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Another good system is using lines from poems, songs or even nursery rhymes using the initials.  You can use a mix of upper and lower case and throw the odd number or symbol in if you like.

For example 'little miss muffet sat on her tuffett =   lMMsoht    and then the next time you change it, go to the next line etc

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

i allways use 'mypasswordisecret'

no one will ever guess that will they

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Tippy do you know what a complete word is?

I can help if you like

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply