Trying to send an invoice to a buyer from an active item.

I can see this guide

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/buyer-invoice.html

But it says to select the item from the sold tab(and select the item), how can I select and active item - adjust the cost and then ivoice them?

They have not bought it yet, but I want to sell from an active listing and use the details and pic, just change the price.

I do not want to change the original listing, just use that template - copy it.

I just relisted it, and told them the item number.

Thanks

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

The problem with this method is that it will be publically listed..

Message 2 of 82
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot send an invoice until the item has been bought by the customer.

How does ebay know to charge you fees if the transaction is not done through ebay?

Message 3 of 82
Latest reply

@electrical-rebuilders-group wrote:

The problem with this method is that it will be publically listed..

Selling off ebay?   Hmmmm?

Message 4 of 82
Latest reply

are you trying to sell on ebay but not pay ebays fees?  how can you invoice for an unsold item, could be deemed realy dodgy and get you kicked from ebay.

Message 5 of 82
Latest reply

You can't invoice a buyer if they haven't bought the item yet. If you want to sell them an item (on eBay) for cheaper than the listed price, you can create a listing just for them. Relist the item, but change the price to some ridiculous amount, like $1,000 (or 10K if it's a high priced item). Select the Best Offer feature. Tell your buyer that's what you are doing and send them the item number. Tell them to use the Best Offer feature and "offer" the agreed price. You then accept their offer (assuming it's what you agreed on), then they can either pay straight away, or you can send them an invoice. You only get charged fees on the amount they pay, so it's safe to put a stupid amount to stop others buying it first.

Message 6 of 82
Latest reply

But, but,  Tippy,   I believe OP has reached their listing limits

Hence selling off ebay IMO

Message 7 of 82
Latest reply

I am not selling off ebay.

I want to invoice them through ebay without publically listing it.

So, from what I can see.. They buy it for say $8.00 but not pay for it. When I get the invoice from the sale I adjust the price.

Am I getting that right?

And I made up an invoice and publically listed it for a few days so they could buy it. I just wanted the pic in with it without going to the effort of putting in another pic.

I should perhaps make another category where I can put items like these when they pop up so other people dont randomly see it in the main listings.

Also, be nice. I am on ebay, I will go through ebay thank you.

Message 8 of 82
Latest reply

But stawks, OP has said he 'just relisted it with item number', so maybe he has had a listing increase...!!!??

Message 9 of 82
Latest reply

The only way you can offer a lower price on a listed item, without using the "or best offer" function, is if the buyer sends you a message and you use the 'reply with offer' option. (This button will appear next to 'reply'). It doesn't create a new listing, and no one else can buy the item at the offered price - the offer is good for 48 hours I think, and you can only do it once for any buyer. If you try to send an offer to the same buyer in the future, you'lll get an error message. 

Message 10 of 82
Latest reply