Two new things that have irked me with eBay this week.....

5kazam
Community Member

1.  On my other id, sent an invoice with postage to the buyer.  Short time later message that she couldn't pay - would I send a combined item and postage invoice.  Huh!!  So I decided to check via 'View Order Details'.  

Up comes a screen telling me that 'Your Order Gives You the Chance to Win a Volkswagon...' - but no details about the order itself.

Is this a new strategy to get sellers onto eBay Deals??

(I did send another invoice, which was subsequently paid)

2.  Buyer paid by Direct Deposit.  Item was already packaged, and so I sent it off before the money hit my bank account.  Didn't matter 'cos I know this person quite well.  Marked item as posted, and expected eBay to just send a message to that effect.  

Not so.  Buyer sent a copy of the eBay email to me, which said - PAY FOR YOUR ITEM.  Your item has been shipped, PAY NOW.

Surely the eBay system must be able to pick up when a buyer pays for their item by Direct Deposit.  And if not, why not?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

no does not pick up on Bank transfers as can not see your bank accounr, so is the seller who marks it as payment received once cleared in the bank account, still game to send before the payment has cleared, antthing can go wrong ie wrong details entered by the purchaser.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As eBay (hopefully) has no access to your bank account details, how would they know if you've received payment? Unless you TELL them. They rely on you taking 2 seconds of your time to mark the item as paid.

Or are you suggesting eBay accepts an item has been paid for (and thus subject to MBG) just because the buyer says they have paid?

I strongly suggest you mark an item as paid when you get paid. Saves getting defects from buyers.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply