UGH! I'm such an Idiot!!!

I'm in the process of packing up the weekend sales to post and I've just discovered that when I created the listing for one of them, I used the sell similar option, but forgot to upload the new photos! I have spent the last hour looking for this piece in the photo, only to discover what I'd done. The measurements and everything else match the piece I have in my hand, but it's not the one in the photo!

I guess I can sit back and wait for another defect or 2. I have another bigger piece here that looks nicer than the one in my hand, so I might just send that to him. I'll lose money on it as it will have to go parcel rate as opposed to large letter, but if that's what it takes. 

Just having a vent while I slap myself across the head a few times.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Commiserations - easily done when using 'sell similar' - I usually forget to change the postage & have forgotten to change the photos & once forgot to change the whole description.  

I found it happens when I'm tired or trying to list too many things in a hurry.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

I think that's what happened, I was listing too many things in a hurry. Probably while I was trying to get dinner ready. As it turns out, the bigger piece that I had here IS the one in the photos, so he will still get the one shown, it will just be much bigger than described in the listing. I sent him a message saying I had made a mistake with the listing and he would still be getting the one in the photo, it's just much bigger than described. I'm hoping it's not an issue!!

So now I'm not sure if I uploaded the wrong photo to go with the description, or whether I uploaded the correct photo and forgot to change the description and postage. I'm normally so careful about these things. Mostly since I accidentally somehow relisted a sold item months and months ago, which went on to sell again (thankfully I had an understanding buyer......that's my neutral FB that I've got).

When I do a listing, I will check, double check, triple check the photos and description when I use sell similar, to make sure I have altered the title and description for the new item. Not sure what happened this time!!

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Hi sheep you can't be too much of an idiot you've actually sold something contrary to popular concensus lol
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I meant to add contact your buyer and explan what's happened and ask them to cancel if not happy might avoid a defect if they are Ok with it
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:
I meant to add contact your buyer andexplan what's happened and ask them to cancel if not happy might avoid a defect if they areOk with it

I've sent him a message but as yet have not had a reply (he could be still at work, I'm not concerned). I still posted it as it is the one in the photo. It's a piece of rock which he will possibly be cutting to make jewellery, so if that's the case, bigger is better because he will get more pieces. Even if he wanted to keep it as a solid mineral, again, the bigger bit would be better.

I'm hoping it all turns out OK. His feedback left for others is impeccable, so hopefully I'm safe too. If I cop bad feedback, then I have no-one to blame but myself. I certainly wouldn't be naming him in a reply and wouldn't even attempt to get it removed, not when I'm 100% responsible for the mistake.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Your a credit to eBay
I'm sure nobody would mind getting more rock for their money
As in my case if it was a size 20 and I sent a 26 I'm sure that would not be a happy ending
Not that I have been selling lately to much bleep going on for my liking and pics aren't clear on my phone need a new one
One good thing about it my eBay invoice for this month is $0.00
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Living up to the reputation as one of the 3 stooges I see.  Smiley Tongue egyptian.gif

image host
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Careful Kopes, she'll send the ruminating lamb (aka "Rumibaby") around to you .......................willy_nilly.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Problem is with the new MBG system even if a buyer is happy they can try it on with a not as described claim to see if they can get it refunded anyway. I wouldn't send anything unless you get the OK first.

I used to do this trick all the time, now everything is listed direct from template with no photos in it, it. used to happen a lot when I had embedded photos, they would differ from hosted photos.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply