UNCLAIMED PARCELS RETURNS

Hi everyone , I  just want to know how small retailers on ebay handle parcels which are returned to them after a month or so without any inquires from the buyer , the last time this happened the parcel came back after 2 weeks with unknown reason , I contacted the buyer and they said this is not the first time it has happened no card was left and no one came to the door, they actually work from home so they would know ,they were very angry about it, I posted it back at my own cost , then today another one was returned to me after 32 days from posting and the buyer has not contacted me to ask where is my item ? and by the look of their high feed back they shop frequently on ebay , so what is the right polite thing to do here , should they be responsible for the return postage cost , just want to know how other sellers handle this , many thanks in advance .

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I would speak to your local P.O. & try & return to buyer without cost 🙂
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You need to have contact with the buyer to find out what is their current correct address. If the parcel was correctly addressed and sent there the first time, Aust Post should send it back for free (my opinion only).

If the buyer provided an out of date address the first time you sent it, they should pay to have it resent.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@mitty_2010 wrote:

Hi everyone , I  just want to know how small retailers on ebay handle parcels which are returned to them after a month or so without any inquires from the buyer , the last time this happened the parcel came back after 2 weeks with unknown reason , I contacted the buyer and they said this is not the first time it has happened no card was left and no one came to the door, they actually work from home so they would know ,they were very angry about it, I posted it back at my own cost , then today another one was returned to me after 32 days from posting and the buyer has not contacted me to ask where is my item ? and by the look of their high feed back they shop frequently on ebay , so what is the right polite thing to do here , should they be responsible for the return postage cost , just want to know how other sellers handle this , many thanks in advance .

This has happened a couple of times with me as well, I will usually ask the buyer to pay for postage again if it was not delivered or collected because of an incorrect address supplied, or failure to collect from the post office - if it's something out of their control, then I consider it my bad luck (the same as I do when an item is lost in transit etc) and pay for postage myself. 

Not receiving a collection card makes things kinda tricky, but if the package had tracking (which was supplied) they could have looked up the status and/or subscribed to email updates... Not everyone thinks of that, I suppose, but it's not exactly a secret that parcel can be tracked, either. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply