Unable to create an amended invoice

I've had a buyer purchase two items this evening, both of which will fit into a 500g satchel. She requested an combined invoice before paying (yay!!) but I cannot amend the invoice. It will not let me either change the postage amount, nor the discount field. Anyone know why not?

invoice2.jpg

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's Friday ?

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As you have 500g selected, maybe you need to put something in there? Like $9.00, as you said that they would fit in one. If you want to offer 'free' post, you would probably need to change the postage method.

You cannot discount the item price post-purchase. Ever.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

But I want to post both items in a 500g satchel for $9.00. It won't let me enter the $9.00. Ebay of course has charged 2 x $9 (once for each item) but as stated, they both will fit in one 500g satchel.

I'm not trying to change the item price. Just the postage price.

May be it's a Friday glitch?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Mine seems to be working ok, though I could get the same red errors in the fields because you don't need the minus in the discount field when the dropdown menu is set to discount (I think you did with the old invoicing system, but the new one just applies a discount or charge according to what's set) - if you try to send the invoice now and the discount field has something entered like in the screenshot, try deleting everything from the discount field and then just entering $9.00 into the postage cost field. 

I tried it out with one of my currently unpaid items and seemed ok, but some glitches and Friday maintenence problems won't affect all accounts. 

invoice.PNG

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I was able to change the postage amount this morning and get the correct invoice. Must have been a Friday glitch.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply