Unable to sell as I dont have a drivers License or Passport

Ive been a  ebay member buying and selling for several years .However since Ebay bought in  a managed payment policy I haven t sold anything .I spent the morning   doing 12 listings but when i went to list I was told I needed to update my details .I was sent to a form which requires me to provide details of either a drivers license or a passport .I have neither .I then  spent several frustrating minutes talking to ebay live chat .The person I spoke to had no idea what happens when a person has neither of these forms of ID  and said no one in customer service could provide me with the details of why they asked for them .and referred me to the user agreement and payment terms of use but these seem so complicated that I cant seem to find an answer .Is the rule the result of an Australian Government Department requirement and if so which Department ? Lots of people do not have drivers licenses or passports so does this mean they cant ever sell on Ebay again ?

Photobucket

'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered . My life is my own."
Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try using the ID you have. Some work, some don't. Anecdotally, if it is in the same format as a DL, it will be accepted.

if it works, good. If not, at least you will know.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

I am not a seller, so I am not affected, but some sellers here said that other IDs are fine too, the normal IDs other institutions accept, like banks for example. I have neither either (driver's license or passport) and was *always* able to open bank accounts etc. with other IDs, for example a birth certificate.

Maybe if someone here has provided other IDs, they can let you know what they did.

Maybe you can also try live chat again (there will most probably be another person).

Is there no link or email at the end of the email you received to provide support in case difficulties/problems emerge?

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

Thanks . I didn't get an email .The person on live chat wasn't helpful .I asked to speak to someone higher up and he just said no one could give me an answer as they werent given the information .So I said they shouldn't be enforcing rules if they don't know where they originate from .I do have a photo ID card ,but as I have found in the past these arent considered equal to a drivers license .Hopefully

someone else may know the answer 🙂

Photobucket

'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered . My life is my own."
Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

You can use a state issued identity card, what state are you in?

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

Try using the ID you have. Some work, some don't. Anecdotally, if it is in the same format as a DL, it will be accepted.

if it works, good. If not, at least you will know.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

I'm in NSW however the drop down menu only provided a choice of passport or drivers license.  There was no option to put anything else.

Photobucket

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

I will try putting the photo ID details in . I have done this on other forms requesting a license in the past and it hasn't worked. But I'll give it a try.

Photobucket

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

Try putting it in as a DL

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Amazingly putting in the Photo ID card number worked ,I then was able to complete the process add bank account etc .I have now been able to list my items -thanks .

Photobucket

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

No worries

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply