Under your new policy does this mean that an established private seller of can no longer sell coins

Under your new restrictive policy does this mean that an established private seller who has been selling coins via the site for many many years with a 100% record can no longer do so ???? Is this correct ?? if so why? I am sure many other non business sellers will want to know the answer. Do  we now have to abandon eBay and find another site outlet for our sales.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Under your new policy does this mean that an established private seller of can no longer sell coins

Not my policy.

However if you do some research you will find that eBay are working on expanding those items that are currently restrcted.

Going to Help at the top of any page & entering Managed Payments is a good place to start.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

eBay does not directly answer questions through this format.

Other eBay sellers and buyers post messages here.

I am a coin dealer and have sold coins on eBay for over 20 years.

Recently they contacted me and asked me to join managed payments.

I responded saying that I could not as they don't do managed payments for coin sellers.

eBay responded and said that I should continue to sell as I have been and they will advise when coin sellers can use managed payments.

So, the advice seems to be, if you are a coin seller DO NOT SIGN UP FOR MANAGED PAYMENTS YET, if you do, you will not be able to sell coins, banknotes and bullion via eBay.

Continue as you have done in the past and eBay will advise when you are eligible for managed payments, something I am not in the least looking forward to..

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Well I was told exactly the opposite to you as I still had to sign up before the 1/3/21 otherwise I wouldn't be able to sell anything.

I sell half of the items on the restricted list.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Well, that is eBay for you, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing.

You could talk to 5 eBay employees and get five different sets of advice.

If you are signed up for Managed Payments try listing a restricted item (coins for example) and see whether they will accept the listing.

I hope they do, but have a feeling that they won't, not yet, anyway.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

So far I'm like you still selling some of the restricted items up until the 1/3/21 when I have a feeling instead of selling like there's no tomorrow I'll be banished from selling and will either have to start selling different items or stop all together who knows but it sure is worrying times.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I was under the impression eBay/Adyen had recently lifted the restriction on coins and bullion.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply