Unfair Feedback

I just hate it that these buyers can get away with this ,,, I had a buyer email me a question to which the email states i replied on the same date as the message that was sent to me ... Item was completely as described and sent straight away and i get feedback for replying to her question was very slow .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR if i was to slow why go ahead with the purchase in the first place  ... Not to mention that she purchased items and wanted me to retract them in which i did as a gesture of good will and that is the thanks i get.... SO UNFAIR EBAY ALLOWS THIS.... BUYERS should be made to prove Neutrals & Negatives.

Rant done ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Unfair Feedback

If you agreed to a mutual cancellation then you left the door open for the buyer to leave any feedback they wished, had you gone through the unpaid item dispute process they would have been unable to leave any feedback.

It may be worth calling ebay and asking for it to be removed as they wanted to cancel but it will be 50/50 if they agree. They were just neutrals and would have been unnoticed in the sea of green after a while if you had not drawn attention to them by leaving follow ups.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

How very unfair.

If you replied on the same date as the message, that is proof enough you weren't slow and ebay should remove that feedback in my opinion.

And as a buyer, I guess I am a bit different to phorum junkie in that if a seller is given negative or neutral, I value seeing the seller's reply. If it is calm and objective and addresses the issue, then it often clears up any worries because you can see it is the buyer who is the dodo.

So in your case, if you were to write a reply such as you answered any messages on the same day, readers could draw their own conclusions.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

Just had a look at your feedback.

The response to the scalloped circles was informative I thought and made the buyer look like wht they were-unreasonable.

Th reply to the other thing, forget what it was, but where you said how could you be quicker? I thought a better reply would have been along the lines of "I replied to your message within (12, 14, whatever it was) hours."

Whoever gave you the negative, that was totally unfair too by the looks of it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

Almighty Auctions, when I sell on eBay I sometimes get the feeling I don't really even own the item I'm selling, it is as if the Buyer and the Auctioneer "just take total control" over an item they don't even own!!!  It's like getting your house robbed!    It's as if the more accommodating you are towards the Buyer the more you will be blackmailed about your own goods!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

I amthinking that we should be able to leave honest feedback about a growing number of sellers who are cheatingon us.

I think we should reintroduce negative feedback for sellers where it is needed.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

@haolove13 wrote:

I amthinking that we should be able to leave honest feedback about a growing number of sellers who are cheatingon us.

I think we should reintroduce negative feedback for sellers where it is needed.

We can leave negative feedback for sellers.....I presume you mean sellers should be able to leave negative feedback for buyers.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

Reintroduce negative feedback for Sellers ain't gonna happen soon.   I think the limited power of Sellers regarding feedback is a marketing strategy....bizarre as it may seem....

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable
i totally agree
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Unfair Feedback

@zigzagdot wrote:

Reintroduce negative feedback for Sellers ain't gonna happen soon.   I think the limited power of Sellers regarding feedback is a marketing strategy....bizarre as it may seem....

How can you re-introduce something that has never been taken away?  Sellers have always been able to receive negative feedback.

Surely you mean re-introduce negative feedback FROM sellers or re-introduce negative feedback for BUYERS.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply