Unfair Negative and no help from ebay - help please

buyer buys item. listing states 1 to 3 business days. checkout says the same (dates provided by ebay)

buyer rings after 2nd business day as item not received and going overseas that night. courier attempts delivery next day but obviously buyer not home. Item returned to us. I provided a refund as the buyer said they no longer wanted it. buyer leaves negative.

feedback policy states that negative will be removed if "An item's delivery time when a buyer provided an undeliverable address and/or the item was returned."

However, ebay refused to remove negative feedback as the feedback was in relation to both me and the courier company.

Sales have gone down immensely of late, and negative feedbacks certainly impact on sales.

Do you think that I should have the negative removed? Is there a way in which to appeal the decision?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Unfair Negative and no help from ebay - help please

ebay are refusing to remove any negative feedback these days even though it meets their alleged removal policy and the way they have structured everything to support idiot buyers who choose not to read or use any common sense when buying and item it just encourages people to leave negative as there is no risk to them. I have had two unfair negs lately, one relating to the availability of parts for an item in the buyers local area (nothing to do with me or my performance) ebay refused to remove, the other because the buyer decided to ask if his isntaller could install after he purchased and demended a refund before he received the item which was not fair and against my return policy.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Always worth a shot to try and get an unfair negative removed.

In your case as some of the feedback relates to the couriers performance, you may have a bit a chance of getting it taken off, IMO it may depend on the messages between the buyer and yourself regarding your response to the buyer re the courier problems.

My advice is to ring eBay and after you get the scripted NO from the front line rep - insist on speaking to a supervisor.

I usually find supervisors are more mindful of the actual eBay feedback policies and have a willingness to take time to consider the messages between the seller and buyer to make a fairer decision.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have spoken to a supervisor in ebay support. He stated that if the feedback comment was just in relation to the courier, it would be deleted, but as its relating to me and the courier, its tough luck.

thanks again for support ebay!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

ebay is saving up on all these negitive feedbacks that should be removed because there board is in meetings at the moment to see what fees they can charge to have them removed lol.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

How good would it be if when you contacted a rep from ebays unhelpful desk their feedback score popped up on your screen and you could decide if you wanted to speak to them or wait for a more helpful one.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Try it again and demand to speak to a supervisor - the phone drones have set replies to queries, and seriously know less than most about actual procedure.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I don't think you should worry about one neg turning off buyers, you reply to feedback is more of a turnoff than any neg.

Btw if yoiu are going to try and get that feedback removed I would ask ebay to remove the neut you received on the 1st of March because you didn't leave feedback for the buyer. Surely if feedback is volutary then you can't get a neut for not leaving any?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

yes, you are not allowed to receive neutral or negative feedback for not leaving them with any feedback. however, they refused to remove that one too.

i also had another negative where the person stated 'Fantastic service super fast delivery'. Under ebay guidelines, this should be removed too as its obvious that they left positive feedback. When I asked ebay to remove it as per their policy, they stated that I needed to get approval from the buyer first to double check their intention. Yes, I emailed the buyer but no response, so am stuck with another negative.

I wish their was another strong competitor to ebay!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had this exact situation a few months back where a buyer had left a very positive comment but with a big red dot.

I read up on the policy and that suggested to try and negotiate with the buyer first as you only get one shot at having feedback changed/removed.

After having received no response from the buyer I then contacted ebay about it.

They removed it straight away as "accidental negative feedback" while I was on the phone.

So I think it very much depends on the person you talk with as to what happens.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply