Unwarranted neg feedback

Hi, a couple of questions.

1. How do I reply to negative feedback?

2. I sold an item. Listed the postage cost, as you do. The buyer won the item, received it and then left neg feedback about the cost of the postage. In the same neg feedback, they complained that the item was sent to the wrong address.....they obviously received the item!

3. Is there any way I can have this feedback removed due to unwarranted response?

There was no email to discuss their concerns, just straight to the negative feedback!

I pride myself on my 100% pos and this has now marred my perfect trade name.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Unwarranted neg feedback

If it really only cost you a couple of dollars to post,why did you charge $10??

Yes I know that buyer agreed to $10 postage BUT if they received & saw postage as only $3.80,I think they have the right to feel shirty.

As for the wrong address-they obviously received it so that looks a bit odd.

Have you tried contacting them via either ebay messages or phone?

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

Short story...the postage is justified due to my location.

Fact is, the postage cost was not hidden or a surprise.

Neg fb is not warranted.

Plz see initial post for questions I am trying to have answered.

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

O.K the neg is a bit hard, particularly if they have not contacted you first.

But i have to agree with foxy, it is excessive postage.

Personally I refund overpaid postage, it's dead easy to do with paypal or $5 in the book when posted.

But then postage overcharge is one of my pet hates......read my review on postage.....

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

Sorry Kustom we were posting at same time.

Yes you can appeal, not sure of process though.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

Short story...the postage is justified due to my location.

Fact is, the postage cost was not hidden or a surprise.

Neg fb is not warranted.

Plz see initial post for questions I am trying to have answered.

If the postage is justified due to you location -your words-then why did you charge almost $7 extra?

We ARE trying trying to answer your question-just look at it from the BUYERS perspective.

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

People agree to postage cost because in many cases they have no way knowing what the actual postage will be, and they just assume that is what it will cost you.  When they pay $10 and item arrives with $1.80 stamp they have a reason to be unhappy.  Your location is not the buyer's problem. 

Which address did you post it to?  They may have selected gift address in PP and you may have posted it to them instead, so they now, on the top of the outrages postage charge, will have pay further postage to send it to wherever it supposed to go?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

and the $10 postage and packing fee is not the sellers problem, it is quite reasonable especially when it is specified upfrount.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

3. Is there any way I can have this feedback removed due to unwarranted response?

I don't think the feedback can be removed unless you have proof you sent to the buyer's PayPal address.

With $1.80 postage I believe it's sent as a regular large letter.

The buyer was only stating you charged $10 and actual postage was $1.80. It is factual and not against policy.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Unwarranted neg feedback

I dont think its unwarranted at all. Dont rip off buyers by charging excessing handling fees.

Im glad the feedback is there as it lets buyers know up front you charge too much.

I have no problem paying a small handling fee but thats excessive.

If it was because of the items location why not of put that in the listing?

Good on the buyer for being factual

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply