Update for Victorians from AP

From their email today:

No Weekend Collections in Victoria
There will be no collections in Victoria this weekend – the last pickup for the week will be Friday 28 August 2020 by 8pm and the next collection will be Monday 31 August 2020 commencing from 5am.

Victoria destined Parcels
With the massive demand and workforce capacity constraints, we foresee an additional 3 day delay for deliveries in Victoria. This is both within and into Victoria.

This means, any lodgements made in other States destined for Victoria may be held in those States for up to 3 business days to allow Victoria to work through the present demand.

Father's Day
For deliveries across Australia, we recommend at least the following lodgement dates for delivery before Father's Day on Sunday 6 September 2020:

• Parcel Post and letters – Friday 28 August 2020
  • Express Post parcels – Monday 31 August 2020

For items lodged after these dates, whilst we will try our best, we do not expect to be able to meet delivery for Father's Day.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

So glad you posted this after someone else posted it today. I wonder how many more will post an identical post?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

No more weekend collections is a bummer, it was a convenient way of pinching a "business day" from your handling time, and your ETA.

Betcha it's also another service reduction which won't be restored post-Covid.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

So glad you posted this after someone else posted it today. I wonder how many more will post an identical post?

How rude

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Guys there are no pick ups over the weekend in Suburbs in NSW here too anymore. Our box is now Monday to Friday before 4pm even that is a farce! The AP guy is there collecting at 3pm daily...Go figure!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@love_of_cars wrote:

From their email today:

No Weekend Collections in Victoria
There will be no collections in Victoria this weekend – the last pickup for the week will be Friday 28 August 2020 by 8pm and the next collection will be Monday 31 August 2020 commencing from 5am.

Victoria destined Parcels
With the massive demand and workforce capacity constraints, we foresee an additional 3 day delay for deliveries in Victoria. This is both within and into Victoria.

This means, any lodgements made in other States destined for Victoria may be held in those States for up to 3 business days to allow Victoria to work through the present demand.

Father's Day
For deliveries across Australia, we recommend at least the following lodgement dates for delivery before Father's Day on Sunday 6 September 2020:

• Parcel Post and letters – Friday 28 August 2020
  • Express Post parcels – Monday 31 August 2020

For items lodged after these dates, whilst we will try our best, we do not expect to be able to meet delivery for Father's Day.

Why did you cut out the rest of the details? This was already posted here. 

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I can't remember the last time we had weekend pickups in regional NSW, even in the larger towns on the coast where I used to live.

It doesn't bother us at all, as we're used to it.

Some people have been spoilt 😄

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Never ever had weekend collections in rural Victoria so no great loss for us on that one. Last time I saw a weekend collection was living in Sydney (**bleep**ney), with a Sunday 6pm closing time at a red box. It ran Sunday - Thursday, so anything sold Friday, Saturday and Sunday was convenient back in the days of 'reality'.

Interesting story yesterday on ABC about regional postal charges:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-25/australia-post-reviews-pricing-following-complaints/12503376
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry for the duplicate post everyone.  I did check before posting it, and for some reason I did not see one.  I would not have posted it otherwise.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@love_of_cars wrote:

Sorry for the duplicate post everyone.  I did check before posting it, and for some reason I did not see one.  I would not have posted it otherwise.

He doesn't own the rights to it lol

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply